An Open Letter To Every Woman Out There; Including Myself

Opening up about body confidence, learning to love ourselves for us and no-one else!

Hayley-Underwear-114
Hayley-Underwear-140
Hayley-Underwear-154

An open letter to every woman out there; including myself.. because we all need reminding sometimes,

I am writing this letter to you; to tell you that you are beautiful. That you are enough, exactly the way you are.

I am writing this letter to you because I've been there, I've looked in the mirror and cried at my reflection, at my wobbly bits, my stretch marks, my slightly-too-soft stomach, my slightly too-big-nose. It's so easy to look in the mirror and to put ourselves down, why? because we don't quite match up to societies expectations of perfection, or our own expectation of perfection.

But in all honestly, no-one is perfect. Those girls that we look at and secretly wish we looked like? They also have flaws, they have parts they hate, parts they can't look past every time they look at themselves in the mirror. Know that you are not alone in feeling like this because we've all been there.

Now, I can't help but think it's time to stick our middle finger up at over-edited images; those 'perfect' shots that we all know are unattainable and unrealistic, for ourselves and our future generation. I say it's time that we look towards each other; real women as #BODYGOALS, not an image that we all know has been retouched to an inch of it's life. I praise the ASOS campaign for publishing images of girls with cellulite, because let's be honest, we all have it and it's something that should be celebrated, not ignored or shamed.

I was SO nervous when I did this shoot with Kat; but I soon settled as she's one of my best friends and made me feel so comfortable; she made me feel sexy. It's such a weird one because I know I'm not the media's idea of a perfect woman, but does that mean I can't feel sexy? HELL NO. I've never felt more sexy before in my life, styling up my favourite lingerie from Primark (can you believe everything shot in this post is from Primark?! Nope, me neither!).

I asked Kat to not retouch any of these images, because I wanted them to be a true representation of myself; stretch marks and all. It's so scary putting out half naked pictures of myself on the internet, but I want to start setting better role models for girls; for us to understand that we all have flaws but that we are all unique and perfect in our own ways.

Let's start celebrating the way we look; let's start looking in the mirror and picking out our good bits, slowly learning to love our bodies, because after all we only have one body. If you want to alter your body or loose weight; that should also be celebrated, but do it for YOU. Because you want that change for yourself; not for a guy, or because society tells you to look a certain way.

Let's start learning to love our bodies, banish those negative comments, because let's face it the most precious thing in life is health and happiness, if you're striving to constantly please others then you'll never be truly happy in yourself. I say let's fuck what other people think; whether they don't like the way we look, or how we don't confirm to their idea of perfection. Let's learn to love what we have, and shout it from the rooftops; because girls you're ALL perfect, so don't let anyone tell you any different. Stand tall and confident the next time you look in the mirror, tell yourself you're beautiful and BELIEVE it.

Love from a girl who is also trying to love herself xo

Hayley-Underwear-135

Bra - £8 | Briefs - £3 (All Primark

Hayley-Underwear-131
Hayley-Underwear-109

Glasses - £1 | Jumper - £5 | Longline bra (just shown & pictured above) - £8 | Briefs - £3 (All Primark)

Hayley-Underwear-126
Hayley-Underwear-81
Hayley-Underwear-88

Bra - £8 | Briefs - £3 | Robe - £8 (All Primark

Hayley-Underwear-34

In the words of John Legends girls: Love your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections

Hayley-Underwear-45
Hayley-Underwear-11

Bra (just seen: £8) | Briefs - £3 | Socks - £3 (pack of two) | Off shoulder jumper - £5 | Night shirt - £7 (All Primark

Did this post resonate with you girls? It's one of the hardest things I've ever published but I hope that we can start looking at our bodies in a more positive light! Tell me the best things you love about your body - I'd love to spread some body positivity!

*This post was in collaborate with Primark, all views, words and styling are as always, my own!

1. Lauren 1st October 2017 / 4:11 pm

I loved this post! So good to empower other women. It’s so hard learning to love yourself but this post is so helpful. You look gorgeous in these photos. I’m definitely going to hit up Primark for some new underwear!

• Hayley 2nd October 2017 / 1:10 pm

Ah thank you for your lovely comment lady! Completely agree, it’s so important to lift each other up! Definitely do, their lingerie right now is AMAZING! x

2. Jo 1st October 2017 / 5:20 pm

• Hayley 2nd October 2017 / 1:11 pm

<3 x

3. Kate 1st October 2017 / 6:54 pm

I love this post! You look amazing and it’s so true that we all need to stop beating ourselves up about what we think we should look like. I think we tend to forget that often, we’re comparing ourselves when we’ve just rolled out of bed to people who’ve spent hours tarting themselves up – and that’s before we take lighting and photoshopping into account! Also, note to self: Go to Primark ASAP! x

Kate Louise Blogs

• Hayley 2nd October 2017 / 1:12 pm

Oh thank you love! I couldn’t agree more, it’s so hard to not compare ourselves sometimes but we need to channel that energy into ourselves rather than worrying about what other people are doing/look like! Yes girllllll you need to go – their lingerie is AMAZING right now! x

4. Susie 1st October 2017 / 9:15 pm

I just LoVe this post.. you are so beautiful inside and out

• Hayley 2nd October 2017 / 1:12 pm

I LOVE YOU! <3 x

5. Erin 1st October 2017 / 11:07 pm

No way are they all primark they look incredible! You look stunning lovely! So so beautiful! 🙂

Erin || MakeErinOver

• Hayley 2nd October 2017 / 1:13 pm

Aren’t they all amazing love? The fit is so, so good as well! So glad they’re catering for bigger sizes, saves me spending a bomb on bras! Thank you beautiful! 🙂 x

6. Emily 1st October 2017 / 11:57 pm

I LOVE this post hun. I’ve been feeling so self critical lately, even more than usual. Carrying even just a few extra pounds makes me seriously fatter than most of the 18-25 year old skinny backpacking girls filling the hostels I’m in, which is making me like a beached whale by comparison! But I’m really trying hard to love myself more because I think we all should. There are way more important things in life than our weight!

The other day I saw an amazing anonymous quote in a bar that said “life shouldn’t be a journey to the grave where the end goal is to arrive as pretty and we’ll preserved as possible”. And I love that because it’s so true. When we’re 60, we’re not going to look back happily and think “oh I was so thin” or “I’m so glad I looked pretty on Friday nights”. We’re going to remember all the good times, the amazing meals, the great parties, and the fun! So I’m leaving being skinny to the skinny girls and having another slice of cake

• Hayley 2nd October 2017 / 1:15 pm

Ah gorgeous girl – THANK YOU for your lovely comment! Oh love, I completely hear you – I go through phases too; it’s so hard to not be self critical sometimes but I know deep down that it achieves/changes nothing! Exactly girl, we’re going to remember moments that will last a life time; most of my favourite moments I’m doing something out of my comfort zone with not a scrap of makeup on, not looking at those glossy snaps! I’m SO with you on the cake eating babes, let’s learn to love what we have and make the most of it! <3 xx

7. Laura 2nd October 2017 / 12:23 pm

You look absolutely GORGEOUS! The words really resonated with me too and I think you are so brave to have published this – I definitely know how insecure I always feel about these things! This post came at the right time too as I’ve been a bit down on myself and on my body the past few days and this made me feel loads better – thank you lovely! xx

Laura // Middle of Adventure

• Hayley 2nd October 2017 / 1:17 pm

Thank you SO much beautiful lady! <3 I'm so, so, SO glad to hear that love, I'm glad this post came at a good time for you to read it! It's so hard to feel body positive all the time but I'm really trying to change my outlook on my body as being negative achieves/changes nothing. You're so beautiful lady, both inside and out! <3 xx

8. Amy 2nd October 2017 / 3:25 pm

You absolute BABE! Hayley these pictures are beyond gorgeous as are you always! And so much yes to everything you’ve written, it’s odd but in the past few years I’ve really grown in confidence in my own body even though I’m really not society’s idea of perfection AT ALL and I think it was the realisation that everyone has hang ups whatever they look like that made me feel better!

• Hayley 3rd October 2017 / 1:46 pm

Oh lady thank YOU for your lovely comment! I feel completely the same love, I’ve definitely learnt so much with age, I was so naive and unconfident when I was younger! Well I bloody think you are society’s idea of perfection you bloody BEAUTY! <3 x

9. Immy May 2nd October 2017 / 3:55 pm

yes yes YESSSS Hayley! You absolutely beautiful, bloody sexy lady. We all deserve to love and cherish ourselves, it is so sad that we are in a society that makes women (and men) feel like they aren’t good enough, or don’t deserve to feel F.A.F on a daily basis. Also, HOW bloody beautiful are all these picks from Primark!? Always so dreamy. Immy x

• Hayley 3rd October 2017 / 1:49 pm

Girllllllll thank you for your comment you absolute GEM! <3 I absolutely hear you love, it makes me so sad! Everyone is F.A.F in their own way and it's about time we started feeling it! I KNOW love, so many amazing pieces! <3 x

10. Em 3rd October 2017 / 8:44 pm

Really gorgeous photography (and model!) just the read I needed 🙂

emilylavenders.com

• Hayley 6th October 2017 / 10:03 am

Ah thank you love – so glad you enjoyed the post! 🙂 x

11. Gabrielle 5th October 2017 / 11:30 pm

You’re totally right about the most important things in life being health and happiness – nothing has quite the same ‘shine’ without those two elements being present, such a good point Hayley! You look SO gorgeous in this sexy lingerie; such beautiful imagery too!

aglassofice.com
    x

• Hayley 6th October 2017 / 10:04 am

So glad you agree lovely – it really is so important isn’t it?! Thank you love, means the world! x

12. Claire 6th October 2017 / 3:27 pm

Gosh you are GORGEOUS – I wish I looked like that on unedited pictures! Thanks for the positive message and keep up the fab content xx

• Hayley 10th October 2017 / 1:12 pm

Thank you SO much for your lovely comment, it means the world! 🙂 x