Updating my recent colour with the Clairol Nice'N Easy colour enhancer from home in just 7 minutes!
If you spotted my initial post where Michael coloured my hair, you'll know that I used to colour my hair from home all of the time, like all the time! From the age of around 15/16 I used to experiment with my hair a fair bit (pictures for another day haha!), and always used at home hair dye as it was always so affordable and easy to do! I was super excited to try the Clairol Nice'N Easy Colour Enhancer from home; a look at the process & final look!..
STEP BY STEP & MY TOP TIPS...
- Start off by wearing some PJ's/an old top/something you don't mind getting ruined in case you get hair dye on it!
- Also, pop an old towel across your shoulders to save getting any dye on your clothes or skin.
- To protect your hands from the dye, make sure you're wearing the gloves provided in the box.
- Before you start, make sure to give the dye a good shake (before you unscrew the lid LOL).
- I started off by applying shade '75 Light Ash Brown' (the darker shade) to my roots and mid lengths, I started applying the dye lengthways alongside my hair parting and smoothed it into my hair (almost as if you're rubbing your shampoo in!), make sure all parts are covered (ask a friend/use a mirror to check the back section of your hair!).
- To apply the lighter shade - I used '73 Medium Ash Blonde', I generously applied the colour to the ends and massaged it in, once my hair was covered all over I twisted my hair into a bun and used an old clip to hold it in place.
- Once I'd taken my gloves off and washed my hands, I simply left my hair to develop for a mere 7 minutes (quick check of Instagram and you're good to go!), rinse the colour off and make sure you use the 2 minute moisture rich conditioner (just a tip as it leaves your hair SO bloody soft and shiny!)
- Andddddddd VOILA HELLO NEW HURRRRR! Yup, it really is that simple!
- If you've not used at home hair colour before, you honestly have nothing to worry about, it really is super easy - just follow the instructions and if you're nervous ask a friend to help you oversee the colour process and to ensure you've covered all of your hair!
*Make sure you're wearing the gloves provided to apply the colour & give the bottle a good shake before applying!
THE FINISHED LOOK...
That's a wrap my loves, new sassy-nude-hair for summer and I'm bladdy in LOVE aren't I?! I was super impressed at how well the colour lasted during the sunshine in Barcelona, at just £3.75 a pop (currently on offer for £3 in Superdrug!), I'll be refreshing my hair at home every 6-8 weeks to keep those pesky greys at bay (27 is creeping up on me isn't it?!), what do you think to the shades I went for? I love the subtlety of the colour!
Do you use at home hair colour? Is the Clairol Nice'N Easy Colour Enhancer something you would use? What do you think of the results?
*This post was kindly sponsored by Clairol Nice'N Easy, all opinions are my own and I am absolutely in LOVE with the products & results!