5 Ways To Create A DREAMY Home Office Space

Being a full time blogger; having an office space where you feel motivated and inspired is so important! My home office is a part of my bedrooom and whilst it doesn't have to be huge; it just needs to be somewhere you can sit with your computer/laptop and get creative! Since I've decorated my bedroom and finally got it to how I want it to look; I thought it was time I shared my top five tips on creating a DREAMY home office!...

1.) Get creative: I wanted to add some colour and inspiration to my office space so I created a moodpboard for both travel and fashion; to act as a constant reminder of places I want to travel and image inspiration. I work so much better with visual inspiration and love to having the boards on my desk!

2.) Add prints: I bloody love homeware (in case you hadn't noticed) and am forever picking up new prints for my office/bedroom - I picked up this adorable Costa Rica at the airport last October coming home from our trip; and the xo one I found on Etsy. I love browsing Etsy for dreamy home prints and they are super affordable too - you can pick one up for around a fiver!

3.) Do it yourself!: I found a rose gold wire pin board online that I loved so much but it was £58 including shipping; I thought it was way too pricey for what it was so i decided to make my own! I picked up a garden trellis from B&Q and some copper spray paint; the clips were super cheap from Paperchase so I'd made my own for around £15! I was so chuffed with it and it's exactly what I was looking for; don't be afraid to try your hand to a little DIY - if it goes wrong; it goes wrong!

4.) Stay organised: This point for me is so key; during days working from home I always have a million and one things to do so I find an organised desk = an organised mind. I like to stack paperwork in my tray and keep magazines and contracts filed away, it's great to know where everything is but keep it within reaching distance! I also love memo blocks/to-do lists to help me stay organised with my work day and genuinely own about 8 (OOPS), I always find it so helpful when I write everything down that needs to be that done and I can work through the list and tick each item off as I go along!

5.) Add some personal touches: As I work from my desk up to 10 hours a day, I always want to be surrounded by items that I find calming or that put a smile on my face. I ALWAYS have a candle on my desk and usually burn it at least once a day (Primark ones smell great and are super cheap too!), and I pin up images of my boyfriend, family, best friends and favourite trips which always makes me smile anytime I'm feeling stressed or having a bad day!

What are your top tips for creating a home office you love to work from? Any favourite home/office stores that you love to shop at?

WHAT'S IN MY OFFICE?

'XO' printKate Spade Stapler | Floral 2017 planner (50% off) | 'oh hello today' daily A5 notepad | New York print | Rose gold notebook - Primark | Desk candle - primark | Rose fold wire heart lights - Primark

PIN ME:

1. Marylou 28th March 2017 / 4:55 pm

I bloody loved this post! As a fellow blogger I’d say there is nothing like an inspiring place to sit down and write and let all those ideas flow! I’m always on Pinterest looking for some new things I could add to my working space, there are so many! I’m a huge fan of everything DIY so as soon as I saw your board I was head over heels to try it! It looks so stylish and I mean, it doesn’t even look that cheap to be honest! Good job there, girl! I also have this weird habit of collecting stationery stuff: notebooks, notepads, cards, scrap paper, post-it notes, everything that looks pretty on the desk (and that I could actually use) I’ll buy it (or DIY it). I love posts like that! I also loved that post on your solo travel in NYC! I wish I was that adventurous! Well, I guess I am I just have to get out of my comfort zone a little, sounds easy but it actually terrifies me! Anyway! I hope to read more like this one in the future cause I adore your blog and I always find myself reading it (more than I write mine!)
    Have a good day
    All the love
    Marylou

• Hayley 29th March 2017 / 3:42 pm

Ah thank you so much lovely; what a lovely comment to receive! 🙂 Oh god same, I literally collect ALL of the stationary and notebooks and my friends always seem to buy me more as they know how much I love it/hoard it haha! Thanks girl; I was super chuffed with how it turned out – I thought it was at least worth a try and it worked really well! 🙂 I’ll put some more tips together for solo travel – so glad you liked the post! xo

2. Angie 28th March 2017 / 5:29 pm

The prints are all just gorgeous!!

• Hayley 29th March 2017 / 3:52 pm

Thank you lovely! 🙂

3. Stephanie 28th March 2017 / 8:58 pm

I love the idea of the copper noticeboard! I spend a tonne of time working from my desk too, and I get so demoralised with it sometimes. I have to say that having a candle burning on it makes my mood better too!

Steph – http://www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

• Hayley 29th March 2017 / 3:53 pm

Thanks love, super budget friendly too! Yes I completely agree, I find it relaxes me and helps me to concentrate! x

4. Emily 29th March 2017 / 12:00 am

The rose gold wire pin board looks amazing! Such a good idea that differs from the usual corkboard (not that there is anything wrong with that) people use to pin up photos and stuff. I have started using this big and pretty whiteboard my sister bought for me a few years ago to write down my daily to-do list. I find that I am horrible at pen and paper to-do lists or memos because I end up scribbling all over it so this is a cleaner and much neater option for me.

And I love candles too! My favourite is from a New Zealand based company – The Aromatherapy Company – with the scent Juniper Berry & White Thyme. I hate the typical musky, heavy scents because they give me a headache so this is a really great refreshing alternative that smells so damn good as well!

Emily | http://emilytrinh.com

• Hayley 29th March 2017 / 3:54 pm

Thank you Emily! I’m a bit like that too; I write a to-do list but end up scribbling all over it and crossing stuff out so it always looks messy haha! Ooh that sounds wonderful; I’ll have to have a look thank you! 🙂 x

• Hayley 29th March 2017 / 3:54 pm

Ah thank you lady! 🙂 x

• Hayley 29th March 2017 / 3:55 pm

Thanks gorge – I just didn’t want to fork out nearly £60 and am so chuffed at how it turned out! 🙂 x

• Hayley 29th March 2017 / 3:56 pm

Thank you love; Etsy is SO good for prints and quirky homeware – I love having a browse (although my purse does not haha!). x

5. Kerstin 29th March 2017 / 2:07 pm

Loooooove your home office girl. The copper details give me life and how darn adorable are these stationary picks? I’m such a sucker for stationary and would love to have EVERY pretty thing. Also, love how you added a personal touch by adding pictures of you and your friends. So pretty!

Love, Kerstin

• Hayley 29th March 2017 / 3:58 pm

Thanks girl! <3 Oh god same, I can't walk out of a stationary shop empty handed, just think it's impossible! x

6. Amy 29th March 2017 / 3:39 pm

Wow your little office space really does look dreamy! I LOVE your moodboard, that’s such a good idea and your pin board is so cute too – definitely with you on burning candles, I go through them so quickly when I’m sat at my desk!

• Hayley 29th March 2017 / 3:57 pm

Thanks gorge! Ah same, love the colours and it inspires me to want to travel so much more! Same, that’s why I buy them from Primark otherwise I’d spend a small fortune haha! x

7. Suze - Luxury Columnist 29th March 2017 / 10:14 pm

I’m impressed with your DIY wall hanger, very creative! Love the mood board too, I tend to use a virtual one on Pinterest but should probably also make a physical one!

• Hayley 30th March 2017 / 9:56 am

Ah thank you lovely – I thought that too, just so good to have it there on my desk! x

8. Rachel Holliday 30th March 2017 / 6:25 am

Your office is so dreamy- I love all the prints you have! I agree that when you work from your home office it has to be inspiring! I’d love to try and make a rose gold pin board myself

Rachel xx

• Hayley 30th March 2017 / 9:56 am

Thank you lovely 🙂 Yes definitely do, let me know how you get on! x

9. Vicki 30th March 2017 / 11:43 am

Your desk space is to inspirational & pretty. I really need to update mine & make it more personal and get some cute prints with a few positive quotes on them.

• Hayley 18th April 2017 / 4:43 pm

Ah thank you lovely! I need to get a few more quotes/images on my inspiration board! 🙂 x

10. Claudia 31st March 2017 / 12:40 pm

Reorganising my desk is one of my favourite things to do! I’m going to be redecorating soon and can’t wait to get it to how I want it. Love all of your pretty essentials, looks great!

• Hayley 18th April 2017 / 4:43 pm

Ah thanks love! I love organising/decorating it too – so nice to have it exactly how you want it! 🙂 x

11. Teesh 2nd April 2017 / 8:33 am

I window shop furniture and home accessories more than necessary, and I just totally love your office’s aesthetic! <3

• Hayley 18th April 2017 / 4:44 pm

Haha same love, I literally can’t walk past a home/stationary shop – it pains me! x

12. Beth 2nd April 2017 / 12:57 pm

wow, your desk and the stationary looks so dreamy. My desk is so bare and I really want to create a dreamy space like yours to motivate me as this year one of my goals was to really move forward with my blog! What did you use to create your moodboard and where did you stick around that area? I also loved the DIY Wire pin board as they are so expensive otherwise aren’t they!

• Hayley 18th April 2017 / 4:45 pm

Ah thank you love! It’s not *quite finished yet but definitely getting there 🙂 They really are, this was such a cheap alternative! I just picked up some foam board from hobby craft and made it on there 🙂 x

13. Peta 2nd April 2017 / 4:17 pm

oh Hayley!! You have completely inspired me to re-vamp my office area, it’s currently in the living room next to the fire as that’s the best place for me in Winter but as Spring is blooming I feel a little furniture swap in the flat is in order. I do love a good re-jig! Thank you for all the inspiration, I love the trellis and copper paint idea and will definitely try giving that a go!
    Peta x

• Hayley 18th April 2017 / 4:45 pm

Ah YES girl – I’m so happy to hear that! Yes definitely give it a whirl, so easy to make to! x

14. Immy May 4th April 2017 / 3:54 pm

Oooh so much office envy right now haha! I need to prioritise my work space / bedroom. It is such a good little project to have, I need to dedicate a weekend to some DIY and painting – there is so much I want to do! Love how you created your own wire display too, it looks amazing! How long did it take ya to convert the space? Immy x

• Hayley 18th April 2017 / 4:46 pm

Ah thanks doll! To be honest my whole bedroom process took a while as I had to wait an age for wardrobes etc to go in, but the desk space literally like a week once I knew what I wanted! x

15. Jenny Cole 4th April 2017 / 8:24 pm

Love this post! My office space is also in my bedroom, so I’m always looking for ways to make it separate from my sleeping area and keep it pretty. I love your DIY wire board – such a good idea and so much cheaper than buying one ready made!

Jenny xx

• Hayley 18th April 2017 / 4:47 pm

Ah thanks love; seems that everyone really loved that which is great! 🙂 x

• Hayley 18th April 2017 / 4:46 pm