My Travel Plans For 2017 – Booked & Wanderlust

"I haven't been everywhere. But it's on my list."

Happy Hump Day beautiful ladies (and fellas!), I'm super excited to be working on this post today! I wanted to do a little round up of my travel plans for 2017; including what's booked and coming up; ideas in the pipeline and my wanderlust goals for the year! 2016 for me was the best year of my life in terms of travel; it saw me travel from The Maldives, to Costa Rica, to Barbados, Miami and SO many more (my 2016 in travel!). This year is shaping up to be equally (if not more) incredible; having already ticked Edinburgh, Paris and New York off my list (see my post on moving to New York here!).

I'm forever grateful for every opportunity that comes my way, whether it's an organised press trip, a holiday with my girls or solo travel; travel genuinely is the one thing that fulfils me and I would happily have no money in my bank, no fancy clothes, no fancy home if it meant I could travel the world! When you're determined to travel; you find a way. Because, where there's a will there's a way right?! I find myself selling clothes on eBay on a monthly basis, saving up as much as I can to put towards the next trip. And whilst I know that I need to start some savings for my future and my home; right now this is what's making me happy, it's what's making me excited for my future - travelling the world, and I'd have it no other way!

First of all; I went to an awesome travel trends presentation with Kuoni the other day; their top 5 predictions for holiday destinations this year are:

The Maldives | Mauritius | Sri Lanka | Thailand | USA

Travel Plans 2 - 1

My travel plans for 2017 so far:

Here's the exciting part gal pals; where I share my travel plans for this year with you all! So I'm going to break it down into three stages; where I've booked to go, where I might be going; and where I'm desperate to book! So, let's kick off with what I have booked so far...

Booked trips: Dubai (girls holiday) 20th-24th April | West Coast USA (Trek America) 17th May - 5th June

Possible trips: I'm in talks with friends, my boyf, press trips and also solo trips I'd like to do this year include; Italy, The Maldives, Cambodia & Vietnam and Holland. I'm so excited to get this year firmed up with travel, every time I come home I find myself itching to head off again!

Wanderlust: I'm desperate to visit both Canada and Japan this year, I said I would visit last year and never got around to it. I'm trying to decide how I want to travel them both and how long for. I'm thinking with Japan I'll probably book myself onto a tour and extend it, with Canada my dream is the hire a car and drive sections of it, I'd love to visit for 3 weeks I think. If anyone has done either - please hit a girl up with tips because I'm all ears! Other destinations I'd love to visit this year (or in the near future) include Sri Lanka, Croatia and Mauritius.. DREAMY AF.

Mauritius
Japan1
Croatia
Japan 3

(Images from Pinterest)

So, that is essentially my 2017 so far, as much as I love to get stuff planned and booked in I'm also a HUGE fan of spontaneous travel too and really looked booking New York on a whim, it's so exciting to just book something off the cuff! I'd love to just turn up at the airport one day and just book a flight; only thing is, HOW do you pack for a trip like that?! Haha. If you have any travel recommendations on places to visit I'd love to hear them! <3

PIN ME

What destinations are on your travel bucket list this year? Any recommendations on places I need to visit? Have you been anywhere I'm off to?

1. Katy 22nd February 2017 / 3:50 pm

MATE. This sounds incredible. Sooo jealous about your West Coast trip. That’s going to be amazing! 😀

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ma go stare at my bank balance to try and figure out whether I can afford 3 weeks in Canada…

Little Miss Katy

• Hayley 22nd February 2017 / 5:49 pm

Oh babes and I’m SO jealous of your trip to Japan – we need to go for coffee/lunch after so you can give me ALL of the tips! I so can’t wait, Trek America has been my dream since I was at school! Haha oh god babes same, I’m still trying to figure it out too but *hopefully I get there! x

2. Amy 22nd February 2017 / 3:53 pm

The only trip I’ve got planned so far is a little road trip along the French Riviera which I am beyond excited for! Your travel plans sound so exciting though! I reeeeally want to go to New York this year – I’ve never been!

• Hayley 22nd February 2017 / 5:51 pm

Girl you would love it SO much – it’s one of my favourite places in the world! That sounds incredible love, I can’t wait to see your pictures and posts! The south of France is so stunning! x

3. Laura 22nd February 2017 / 4:43 pm

West Coast USA! That sounds incredible. I’d love to do a little road trip in America one day – need to start saving though!

I’m most excited about Italy this year, I think I’m actually going twice. I’ve been before and I’ve always loved all the cities I’ve visited so I CAN’T WAIT! x

Laura // Middle of Adventure

• Hayley 22nd February 2017 / 5:51 pm

I’ve never been to Italy but am DYING to go – I’ll have to follow your trips girl for ALL of the wanderlust! <3 I'm so, so excited for America, it's been my dream forever! x

4. Layla 22nd February 2017 / 7:30 pm

Erm – can I travel with you? Hahahaha! I need a travel buddy! Holland is definitely on the list – I’ve never been but always been one of those places I’ve wanted to see!

Hope you’re well my lovely!

Layla xx

• Hayley 23rd February 2017 / 7:27 pm

Yes babes – you come in my suitcase PLZ! Same, bet it’s so lovely! x

5. Gabrielle 22nd February 2017 / 9:22 pm

Ooh I’m not at all surprised to find The Maldives on Kuoni’s list – that’s staying firmly put on my ‘to visit’ list! I’m so looking forward to seeing everywhere you visit this year (both booked personally and press trips), I really enjoy your travel diaries! 🙂

aglassofice.com
    x

• Hayley 23rd February 2017 / 7:33 pm

I know same love, such an incredible luxury destination! Ah thank you lovely; can’t wait to work on more travel content this year! 🙂 x

6. Suze - Luxury Columnist 22nd February 2017 / 9:59 pm

Your West Coast of America trip will be amazing, can’t wait to read about it. Of the travel trends that you mention, I went to the USA and Thailand last year and am hopefully going to the Maldives at some point this year

• Hayley 23rd February 2017 / 7:46 pm

Ah thank you love, I’ve been wanting to go since I was so young – I can’t wait! Suze you’ll have the BEST time – most picturesque place I’ve ever been to in my life! x

7. Sophie Sierra 23rd February 2017 / 12:42 am

West Coast USA sounds amazing right about now, I hope you have the most wonderful time lovely! At the moment I’m dreaming hard of The Bahamas <3

Sophie | soinspo xo

• Hayley 23rd February 2017 / 7:47 pm

Thanks lovely lady – honestly can’t wait it’s been a dream of mine for so, so long! Oh god – that’s the dream, want to swim with the pigs haha! <3 x

• Hayley 23rd February 2017 / 7:47 pm

You’ll have to let me know how Norway is love – I’ve always wanted to go! My friend is one of their official photographers and he adores it there! x

8. bethanyaustin 23rd February 2017 / 6:14 pm

This sounds so bloody glorious! I’m very jealous of your travel plans. I’m pretty excited though because I’m going to Greece in summer to spend some time with my boyfriend’s family.

Bethany | Curly and Wordy

• Hayley 23rd February 2017 / 7:48 pm

Lady that sounds the dream, I’ve ALWAYS loved Greece – just so stunning and the bluest sea/ski! Have the best time! x

• Hayley 6th March 2017 / 5:14 pm

Doesn’t it just?! Really want to visit this year – looks so stunning! x

9. Maggie 24th February 2017 / 9:26 am

What a fun travel year you have planned! I went to Vancouver and The Rockies a couple of years ago for my hubbies 30th which was phenomenal – we caught the Rocky Mountaineer from Vancouver to Banff, then hired a car for two weeks then flew back to Vancouver. We went in May and saw loads of bears emerging from hibernation too! xx

• Hayley 6th March 2017 / 5:15 pm

Oh wow – your trip sounds truly magical! I’m SO desperate to visit Canada; especially Lake Louise – it just looks so stunning! x

10. Jenny Cole 3rd March 2017 / 7:47 pm

Sounds like you’ve got some awesome plans coming up! My Dad went to Japan a couple of years ago on a Scouting thing, but also got to do some sightseeing/travelling around. He really loved it (although said it was very hot!) I would love to travel more, but it’s so difficult with a disability/chronic illness. So many places I would love to see though – hopefully one day 🙂

Jenny xx

• Hayley 6th March 2017 / 5:17 pm

Ah his trip sounds amazing love – I can imagine it’s so humid as it always seems so busy! Oh love, I truly hope so too – hope you’re all okay! x