Checking In: G&V Hotel, Edinburgh

An insight into the wonderful G&V hotel on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh! Words & pictures by Hayley...

IMG_8078

spending the night at the g&v hotel on the royal mile in edinburgh!

We recently spent a few nights in the wonderful city of Edinburgh and were lucky enough to spend two of those nights at the G&V Royal Mile Hotel. The hotel was situated in the best location we could have asked for, right in the heart of the capital – only a few minutes walk from Edinburgh Castle, and more importantly a cute little pub called the Jolly Judge, where we spent most of our afternoons drinking red wine by an open fire.
IMG_1994
IMG_7752

T H E   H O T E L . . .

The G&V is chic and modern, quite different to the classic traditional hotels you normally find in Scotland – but I loved the boutique vibe it gave me. As the only five-star hotel on the famous Royal Mile, it would suit anyone visiting the city, looking to indulge in style.

IMG_1977

T H E    R O O M S . . .

As you’re in the very heart of Edinburgh the rooms aren’t huge, but enough for what you need during a short city break. We stayed in a Signature Room and overlooked the Royal Mile (which was great for people watching), with a large comfy bed, Nespresso machine, huge TV, heated floors in the bathroom, snuggly bathrobes and slippers – in heaven!

IMG_1983
IMG_2297

E A T I N G    A N D    D R I N K I N G

You could say that breakfast is my favourite meal of the day, so when I saw the most incredible spread of food on offer, I couldn’t be more excited! Breakfast was served in the hotel restaurant, Cucina, each morning – everything from a cooked breakfast, to pastries, brioche and fruit, so I definitely did not go hungry.

One evening we visited Cucina for dinner and it was absolutely delicious. The menu is Italian inspired and the decor of the hotel flows through to the restaurant, creating the perfect atmosphere for a relaxing dinner.

During our stay at the hotel, new bar Epicurean opened its doors and we were lucky enough to get an invite to the opening night. I never say no to a cocktail (obvs!), but I always tend to stay safe and stick to a classic. However, Epicurean serves exciting cocktails using flowers and herbs from the hotel’s EvoGro hydroponic and I ended up with a Lavender Fields (which is actually a mocktail on the bar menu, but they added a dash of Bacardi for me!) The vibe of the bar was spot on, with marble decor, purple coloured lighting and cool music, oozing style and class as you would expect from a five-star hotel!

IMG_8084
IMG_8078
IMG_7900
IMG_2107

P I N    M E . . .

G&V PINTEREST

Have you stayed at the G&V hotel before? Have you been to Edinburgh? Did you love it as much as the FMIF team do?

READ MORE:  36 HOURS IN EDINBURGH

1. Suze - Luxury Columnist 25th January 2017 / 12:49 am

What fantastic decor, I love that ceiling light! I’d definitely like to stay here if returning to Edinburgh. The cocktails look great too

Suze | LuxuryColumnist

• Hayley F 25th January 2017 / 12:03 pm

It was such a beautiful hotel – definitely check it out next time you visit! Hayley F xo

2. McKenzie 25th January 2017 / 8:08 am

Oh my gosh, how wonderful is this hotel! I love traveling and discovering new places, especially hotels. I’ve never stayed in Edinburgh but would love to in the future! xo

McKenzie | maybemckenzie.com

• Hayley F 25th January 2017 / 12:05 pm

Couldn’t recommend Edinburgh enough for a city break! Hayley F xo

3. Isobel 25th January 2017 / 8:29 am

I love how gorgeous the interior is and the relaxing but welcoming vibes that place has! I’d love to stay there one day! Hope you had a nice break up in Edinburgh!

Isobel x

New post: http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/advice-relax-focus-on-whats-most.html?m=1
    Insta: https://www.instagram.com/isobelceline/
    Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/isobelceline
    New Video: https://youtu.be/nrmGD013C1w
    Bloglovin : https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionista-chic-12984939

• Hayley F 25th January 2017 / 12:07 pm

Thank you – I loved it! Hope you make it to the G&V one day soon 🙂 Hayley F xo

4. The Purley Girly 25th January 2017 / 11:41 am

That is a fabulous and super snazzy looking hotel! Those cocktails sound glorious, I can’t resist a hotel bar, I’ve had some of the best cocktails ever in them

I went to Edinburgh a few years ago and would love to go back again, such a great City.

• Hayley F 25th January 2017 / 6:03 pm

I absolutely loved it, can’t wait to go back! Hope you get to make another trip soon 🙂 Hayley F xo

5. Amy 25th January 2017 / 8:36 pm

What a beautiful hotel! When I’m on a city break I’m not too fussed about the rooms being big anyway – would definitely rather have the convenience of a central location!

• Hayley F 26th January 2017 / 8:44 pm

Yeah exactly – you can definitely make the sacrifice for the perfect location! Hayley F xo

6. Tilly-Jayne Kidman 26th January 2017 / 10:58 am

Ooh this looks beautiful, will definitely bookmark for my next visit to Edinburgh! We stayed in the new town when we went but I’d love to stay on the Royal Mile next time!

Tilly xx

• Hayley F 26th January 2017 / 8:45 pm

I can’t recommend it enough, such a great location
      Hayley F xo

7. Laura 31st January 2017 / 9:16 pm

This is such a QUICKY looking hotel! It looks so unique and every single detail is very well thought out.

Great photographs and fantastic review! Certainly a place to check out.

Laura xo

• Hayley F 1st February 2017 / 2:18 pm

Thanks Laura – definitely a hotel for the bucket list! 🙂

Hayley F xo

8. The Lairg 24th March 2017 / 10:05 pm

I have stayed in this hotel once and its the only one out of the many I’v stayed at that I would love to re-visit! Its beautiful inside and in my partners words “Quirky”.
    P.S I love your domain name LOL!