5 Tips For Hosting The Perfect Girls Night In

My top five tips for creating the perfect girls night in this weekend! Words & pictures by Hayley...

how to host the perfect girls night in!

Now I don't know about you gals, but the older I get, the more I seem to favour a night in with my gals, a good film and some Prosecco over a night on the tiles, rolling in at 3am. Does that make me old? Probably. As much as I still love going out, nothing beats a proper girly catch up, lots of gossip, giggles and talking until you're 99% sure you've just brought on a throat infection. Sometimes, those are the best nights, the ones I cherish most.

So, what is the 'perfect' girls night in? For me, it has to be good food, good company and more importantly.. good alcohol. Just because we're not painting the town red like we used to when we were younger, certainly doesn't mean we don't enjoy a drink (or five!). The girls came over the other day and we cooked up a feast and cracked open some yummy new ciders from Rekorderlig, we laughed until we cried and just had the best time ever!

Here are my top 5 tips to creating the perfect girls night in!...

1.) Tasty Drinks

Me and my girls whipped up a Mexican feast so we needed to find the perfect pairing alcohol for the evening! We settled on cracking open the new Rekorderlig Spiced Plum cider; the perfect drink for the colder months. With flavours of plums, rich cherry and a mix of spices including clove and cinnamon, this drink literally tastes like winter (and all of those good things), but as we drank ours cold I still found it incredibly refreshing and it went down so well with our Mexican food! If you and the girls are snuggling up in your PJ's by the fire, about to embark on an EPIC Harry potter marathon then why not try the cider warm with a slice of orange?! If you want to try this for yourselves (which girls you really HAVE to), then the Rekorderlig Spiced Plum Cider will be available to buy for a limited time until February 2017 so be sure to stock up and enjoy this Winter!

2.) Good food

Following on from point numero uno, to match your tasty alcohol, you need tasty food! As I said myself and the GALDEM opted for yummy fajitas and nachos because Mexican food gives us ALL of the feels. If you're not up for cooking (even though this was super quick and easy to rustle up), then why not order in? Order a couple of pizzas and sit on the floor watching a film whilst you eat straight from the box.. G style! If you're girls aren't over for dinner then don't forget to provide some delicious snacks - I'm talking sweet and salted popcorn for the movie, dark chocolate with sea salt and crips.. YUM!

3.) Get cosy

It's pretty standard for the girls to turn up at mine in their PJ's with some kind of slippers or fluffy slippers in tow, it's all about being comfy when we sit around drinking, eating, pampering, watching films and catching up (because phew, that was tiring enough just listing that ha!). I always want the girls to feel at home when they come over, so they tend to drive over in their onesies (dead AWKS when they forget they had to get petrol LOLZ), and we all get on the sofa and snuggle whilst the food is being ordered/ cooked. I truly cherish nights like these with my gal pals; the nights where you can truly be yourself!

4.) Embrace that Hygge life

I've made absolutely NO secret of the fact that I'm a hard core Hygge fan! I adore being cosy at home, so when the girls come over we take this dead seriously, we light all candles/fairy lights/anything cute that we can get our hands on/smells good, create ourselves a cosy little den and get ourselves comfy for an epic evening of catching up (which usually ends up in us chucking each other out at midnight because we're so tired we can't even!).

5.) Get involved in a group pamper session

As much as I love a good catch up/film marathon with the girls, I also love spending time pampering ourselves/each other (Amy mainly gets the brunt of it as she's a qualified makeup artist/nail/brow technician) so it usually ends up in us all pestering her for help haha. It's so nice to sip some Winter cider, have a good giggle and paint your nails or help each other fake tan (MID BACK Y U SO AWKWARD?!) during a girls night!

What are your tips for the perfect girls night in? Anything on here that you love doing/will be doing from now on? Have you tried the new Rekorderlig?

*This post was in collaboration with Rekorderlig, all opinions and views my own, as always. And I genuinely do love this cider because it's bloody AWESOME!

1. Candice 26th January 2017 / 11:29 am

Defintiely good food and drinks are a must! Thank you for sharing these ideas

Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

• Hayley 26th January 2017 / 5:43 pm

Completely agree love, so key to having a fab night in! x

2. Immy May 26th January 2017 / 12:10 pm

You are speaaakin’ ma language gal! I have just finished up a post all about falling out of love with going OUT out! I much prefer staying in with the ladies with fajitas, cold bevs and aaaaall the chats and giggles! Rekorderlig are ma faves too, so friggin tasty! Immy x

• Hayley 26th January 2017 / 5:45 pm

Hahaha love that girl! Same lady, I do love to still go out but I’d much prefer to have a proper catch up with the girls over a few drinks and some films! x

3. Stephanie Hartley 26th January 2017 / 5:10 pm

This post sounds like EXACTLY what I want to do next time I go and visit my sister. Good food is definitely always an important part of a girls’ night in. We usually make ourselves an indoor picnic and eat it on blankets in front of a chick flick/Disney film

Steph – http://www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

• Hayley 26th January 2017 / 5:45 pm

Ah that’s such a lovely idea – sounds like the perfect night girl! x

4. Jayd Alice 26th January 2017 / 5:25 pm

This sounds like my perfect night in, girlfriends round or not! I much prefer a pamper night in with pizza and the gals now that I’ve gotten older – I must give that Rekorderlig flavour a try too! x

Always, Alice

• Hayley 29th January 2017 / 4:33 pm

Same love, I still love to go out but much prefer to stay home and catch up over some cider and good food! x

5. Laura 26th January 2017 / 9:13 pm

LOVE Rekordelig! Especially the strawberry & lime one on summer nights – yum! This looks like the perfect girly night in, I think you’ve covered all the most important bases – especially number one and two haha! x

Laura // Middle of Adventure

• Hayley 29th January 2017 / 4:34 pm

Oh same love, that’s my favourite flavour by far – in Edinburgh I drunk so much of it haha! Definitely the most important points! 😉 x

• Hayley 29th January 2017 / 4:34 pm

Couldn’t agree more love! x

6. Gabrielle 27th January 2017 / 11:19 am

Oh yeah, I’m definitely starting to appreciate the beauty of staying in with no makeup on, watching films and just… eating! Your idea of a group pampering sessions sounds lovely. Also, those slippers are SO cute.

Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

• Hayley 29th January 2017 / 4:35 pm

Same love, so nice to catch up with the girls and really feel at home! Thanks lovely – they’re my FAV! x

7. Dora Toubanaki 27th January 2017 / 6:14 pm

I love those nights. We were gonna have one tonight but got canceled! I love the post!
    Dora http://www.BangsBang.com

• Hayley 29th January 2017 / 4:35 pm

Ah that’s such a shame love, hopefully you can organise again soon – my favourite nights too! 🙂 x

8. Josie 28th January 2017 / 12:11 am

Love a girls night in! Good food is a must and for us, a Tom Hardy or Ryan Gosling film haha x

Sick Chick Chic

• Hayley 29th January 2017 / 4:36 pm

Oh god I BLOODY LOVE Tom Hardy (and Ryan Gosling to be fair!) – all of their films are absolute winners! x

9. Emma 28th January 2017 / 8:11 am

Ok time for an admission … I have never had a girls night in, ever! But reading this I think I should organise one pronto!

Emma | HarmonyBlaze.co.uk

• Hayley 29th January 2017 / 4:36 pm

Nooooooooo!! You NEED to love, honestly so lovely to chill with your favourite girls and catch up over good food and drink! x

10. Jenny Cole 31st January 2017 / 4:43 pm

I love a good girls night – just wish my friends lived closer, as I don’t get much opportunity to enjoy them very often. My favourite Rekorderlig flavour is Wild Berries, but I didn’t realise the had so many flavours to choose from! Will have to try this wintery one. When I have a girly get-together, I like to make ourselves cosy, put some good films on, enjoy yummy food and drink, and a good pamper 🙂

Jenny xx

• Hayley 1st February 2017 / 1:47 pm

Same love, we find it hard getting everyone together at the same time, always such a mare haha! But when we do get together it’s always so lovely! All about getting comfy and catching up – and definitely do love, it’s a great flavour! x