EASY AT HOME RECIPE - SALTED CARAMEL BROWNIES!
On the odd occasion we like to indulge, particularly around this time of year, and why the hell not? There’s nothing quite like sitting down with a cup of tea, a magazine and a tasty treat. My personal favorite are my salted caramel brownies, oozing with sticky goodness and let’s be honest, who doesn’t love a brownie? If you are a chocoholic like myself you need to make these!...
YOU WILL NEED...
FOR THE BROWIE...
95g Cocoa Powder
300g White Sugar
170g Unsalted Butter
70g Cup of Plain Flour (Sifted)
1 TSP Vanilla Bean Paste
Handful of Milk Chocolate Chunks
FOR THE SALTED CARAMEL...
110g Granulated Sugar
85g Unsalted Butter
110ml Double Cream
1 TSP Sea Salt
HOW TO :
For The Salted Caramel...
- In a saucepan, heat the sugar for around 5 minutes, don’t stir until it has started to melt and then just enough to keep everything evenly cooking thereafter. You should end up with an amber liquid, when this happens remove from the heat and stir in your butter, it will bubble like crazy, just keep stirring. Use a whisk to combine the Sugar and Butter this will take a couple of minutes just bare with it until completely combined.
2. While still off the heat pour in the double cream and sea salt. Depending on how salty you want it is up to you, be careful when tasting though as its like molten rock and will burn you if not careful. Place back on the hob for a few seconds to warm through, stirring the whole time. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
For The Brownie Mix...
- Preheat oven to 160degrees (In fan Oven) and line an 8"x 12" baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a pan melt the butter. Stir in sugar, eggs, Salt and vanilla bean paste, fold in he sifted flour and Cocoa powder. Once combined sprinkle in your chocolate chunks and gently fold through.
3. Pour half the brownie batter into your lined baking tray, making sure it’s to the edges. Pour half your salted caramel over the brownie batter making sure it doesn’t go to the edges of the pan, I kept mine about an inch from the edge otherwise it will leak out and burn whilst cooking. Spoon the rest of the brownie batter over the top, sealing in the caramel. Take remaining caramel and drizzle over the top to create any pattern you wish.
4. Bake for roughly 30-40mins. Remove from oven and allow to cool down completely. Cut into squares and enjoy. Best served with a steaming hot cup of tea.