“The secret to beauty is simple, be who you are.” – Bobbi Brown
Where do I begin with Bobbi Brown? Everything from the quality of the products to the simplicity of the packaging makes them a firm beauty favourite of mine. I am also a huge fan of their makeup brushes and have been using the ‘Expert Face Brush’ to apply my foundation for the past year and haven’t looked back.
Certain products are a staple in my makeup bag and I have also discovered a few new products that I absolutely love. Read on for a roundup of my top picks from Bobbi Brown...
1) Shimmer Brick Compact, £34 - This product is my ALL time favourite from Bobbi Brown. It’s my go-to for everyday highlight and instantly brightens my complexion with only a light dusting on each cheek. I love using this product throughout the autumn and winter months to give my cheeks a natural glow when I start reaching for a matte/full coverage foundation. There is a vast choice of different hues available and I opt for ‘Beige’, which I use during the summer months when I want to highlight my cheeks on top of a light BB cream and switch to ‘Bronze’ when I want a little bit more colour as it works both as a blusher and bronzer.
2) Sheer Finish Pressed Powder, £27 - I love a long-lasting pressed-powder and have always preferred these to loose and creamy powders. As I have oily skin, I always set my foundation with a powder, dusting it on my t-zone with a big brush to keep it in place. This one from Bobbi Brown is long-lasting and creates a flawless look on my skin. It’s 100% oil-free and oil absorbing with Vitamin E making it absolutely perfect for all skin types, not just oily skin. I like to carry this powder in my handbag in case I need to make any touch-ups throughout the day and this is made even easier as it includes a super handy powder puff and decent size mirror in the compact.
3) Skin Foundation Stick, £29.50 - This is my go-to for a natural make up base. The foundation stick provides skin tone correcting pigments, which helps to even my skin tone, as I am prone to redness. This product is versatile and easy to build coverage, so you can easily transition from day to night. In the day I tend to blend this product with my Bobbi Brown ‘Expert Face Brush’ and in the evening I wet a beauty sponge and buff the product for flawless skin. This product also has oil-controlling minerals, making it a winner in my eyes. What I love most about Bobbi Brown is the range of colours, meaning that it’s really easy to match a colour to your skin tone.
4) Retouching Face Pencil, £22 - This is relatively new addition to the corrector and concealer collection, but it has swiftly become a favourite of mine. The consistency of the pencil is creamy-matte, making it easy to use to cover dark circles, spots and calm down any redness in my complexion. It’s a very natural concealer and it doesn’t feel too cakey or heavy on my skin, which makes it nice for every day cover up. I use this underneath my foundation to cover up any impurities, so my foundation doesn’t have to work as hard to cover these up and I tend to carry this in my handbag for any touch ups I need to make throughout the day. I use the ‘Light-Medium’ shade, but they also offer the shade ‘Illuminate’ – perfect for highlighting cheek and brow bones.
5) Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick, £21 - These eye shadow sticks are SO easy to apply. Before discovering these I never really used eye shadow everyday because I never left myself enough time when rushing to get ready for work but now a quick sweep of this budge-proof shadow is part of my everyday makeup routine. Don’t get me wrong, if I’m going out in the evening I love to spend more time creating a smoky eye – but when this product comes in beautiful natural colours (my personal favourite is ‘Stone’, a medium grey brown), you can’t resist adding a bit of colour to your everyday face.
6) Limited Edition: City Collection, various - Bobbi Brown is great for their limited edition make up collections, offering beautiful, memorable packaging. My personal favourite this autumn is the City Collection, celebrating three of the biggest fashion cities for the 25th anniversary. The New York, London and Paris palettes would make the perfect Christmas gift this year – offering four beautiful eye shadow shades and a blusher. The New York palette offers brown shadows with a medium pink brown blush, the London palette gives pink and royal blue shadows with a pink coral blush whilst the Paris palette offers grey shadows with a bright rosy pink blush. My favourite has to be the New York palette as the colours are right up my street (nothing to do with it being my favourite city though, promise!).
SHOP OUR FAVOURITE BOBBI BROWN PRODUCTS...
“Makeup is a way for a woman to look and feel like herself, only prettier and more confident.” – Bobbi Brown
Are you a fan of Bobbi Brown make up? What’s your favourite product? Are any of our favourites, yours too?
Sign up for our Feel Good Friday monthly newsletter featuring our 3 bloggers of the month, our app of the moment & a GIVEAWAY! TGIF anyone?!