On a recent trip to NYC at the beginning of September, I made a confession to Kat; I'd never been to Macy's! I'd previously been to NYC twice, but one time I was staying with family in New Jersey and we visited New York for the day and the other was a university trip; neither of them left too much time to shop and neither of them involved a trip to Macy's. When I think of New York, I think of Central Park, Empire State Building, Rockafella Centre, Times Square, 5th Avenue… and I think of Macy's. It's America's largest store (and still 'technically' the worlds largest store although there is a mall in Asia that covers more square feet - although I don't think a mall counts as Macy's in one store so it's still regarded as the largest!), it covers one whole block which is absolutely crazy big, and is built 11 floors high, so trust me when I say you could genuinely spend the day there if you wanted to!
|From womenswear, to cosmetics, home wear, accessories, children swear, personal styling, blow dry bars or a delicious restaurant; Macy's will keep you occupied for at least a couple of hours and here's an in sight as to why it needs to be added onto your 'NYC to-do list' pronto...|
Around the store you'll spot the original wooden escalators which have been there since the store opened over 100 years ago!
|7 REASONS YOU NEED TO VISIT MACY'S...|
- The Macy's store in Herald Square, New York is their flagship store so it's a must to say you've been!
- You'll find the quirky Iris Apfel collection in store which you have to take a look at - even if just to see how they've decorated the mannequins; like a tribe of Iris's minions!
- Macy's try to offer competitive prices on designer goods, not only with competitive stores but also with outlet villages too, so you'll find some absolute bargains whilst browsing - we spotted goods with up to a whopping 70% off so take your time when hunting for bargains!
- Make sure you stop by the Visitors centre to pick up a visitors pass which enables you to 10% off your purchases - WHOO!
- Macy's offer a FREE personal styling service in the My Stylist suite, beforehand you can call up and give the stylist a brief of what you're looking for i.e 'I'm off to a wedding and would love something off shoulder, I tend to stay away from X and Y shades', the stylists will then fill a room with pieces including accessories to complete your outfit ready for your arrival! They will then walk the women's floors with you to pick out some other items, fab huh?!
- If you're planning to spend a few hours at Macy's; I'd highly recommend grabbing something to eat whilst there (trust me you'll work up an appetite! From Starbucks for a quick coffee to a full on sit down lunch at Stella (which is where we had lunch) and it was delicious!
- Macy's is heavily trend focused and you'll see each floor laid out into separate trends which makes shopping so much easier so you can find exactly what it is you're looking for!
Have you been to Macy's before? Is it somewhere you'd like to visit whilst in NYC? I highly recommend you pop it on your to-do list gal pals!
*A huge thank you to the wonderful staff at Macy's for our guided tour and beautiful lunch at Stella!