|Want to create the ultimate relaxing at home spa? I got your back gals as I'm sharing my tips on how to create the perfect set up with Dove!|
A few months ago I spent the afternoon at the Urban Retreat spa in Harrods with Dove, enjoying a Hamman treatment (possibly one of the best treatments I've ever had in my life, if not a little bizarre! It was my first Hamman so I had no idea what to expect!). I was led through to a marble and gold dressing room (#GOALS) where Dove had filled the changing rooms with their new Dove Nourishing Care & Oil range which I couldn't wait to try!
During my Hamman treatment my therapist used the new products on me, I particularly loved the Nourishing Shower Oil as it felt so good on my skin and left me feeling incredibly smooth afterwards; and with it's £4 price tag, it's not going to break the bank *dashes to shop to stock up. This product is a new staple for me and one that I use daily, along with the Nourishing Care & Oil Body Wash which is priced at just £2.50, again another affordable product that will give you the same result as a product with a much higher price tag!
After my incredible Hamman treatment, Dove challenged me to recreate the beauty rituals of Morocco to inspire my everyday shower experience. When it comes to bathing, I'm a shower girl in the morning (normally leave myself zero time to get ready so I'm always in a rush!), and of an evening I'm 1000000% a bath kinda gal! Whenever me and Ben stay in a hotel the first thing I do is run a bath and pour some wine... LUSH. So, I whole heartedly accepted this challenge and couldn't wait to recreate my experience at home using the new Dove nourishing care body products!
Dove's main focus was to highlight the importance of being mindful when showering, taking that time to clear our mind, recharge and refocus for the day ahead or a good nights sleep. They wanted to stress the importance of anointing the skin essential oils and indulgent ingredients (found in their new range) which have been recognised throughout the ages!
To recreate my experience at home and to take some time to cleanse my body and mind, I ran myself a hot bubble bath (without said bubbles because I'd run out of decent bubble bath, DOH!), poured myself a glass of prosecco (I'm still in birthday celebration mode, 2 weeks later okayyyyyy, don't judge me PLS), and grabbed my favourite book - currently reading After You and ohmigod it's a good'un! First of all I used the Nourishing Care & Oil Body Wash to wash my body followed with the Nourishing Shower Oil to cleanse and awaken my skin - I came out feeling rejuvenated and ready for a good nights sleep!
Dove nourishing care & oil body wash features a specially designed formula with a blend of Moroccan Argan oil beads leaving dry skin softer and smoother after just one wash.
Dove nourishing shower oil is enriched with non-greasy Moroccan Argan oil. It transforms into a fragrant lather to cleanse and nourish while also helping to protect the surface of your skin with more than 55% natural oils
10 TOP TIPS FROM MARIE REYNOLDS; SPA, SKIN & WELLNESS EXPERT ON HOW TO CREATE YOUR AT HOME EXPERIENCE:
- Your skin is a reflection of the internal - what you eat, how you breathe and what you think. Stress and lifestyle will have an effect on the skin itself - take time to relax, breathe correctly and look at what you are eating, reduce sugar intake as sugar damages collagen.
- Your skin is a living, breathing organ, it is the largest organ of the body but the last place to receive any nutrients. Daily pollutants and bacteria thrive on the skins surface, cleanse daily with pH balanced cleansers to neutralize bacteria and not impair lipid balance (hydration)
- Showering is symbolic in many ways - it washes away daily grime but also mental and emotional stress, it can also awaken and invigorate the mind and body. Be mindful when showering - use it as time to clear the mind, recharge and refocus.
- Beauty rituals date back thousands of years the importance of anointing the skin with essential oils and indulgent ingredients has been recognized throughout the ages in the quest for the fountain of youth. Invest in your skin! it is just as, if not more important to use great skincare as it is having the latest fashion statement. You only get one skin, look after it.
- Showering is not only relaxing and refreshing to the mind and soul, some of the physical benefits include improved circulation to lymphatics, blood and improved skin tone. Dry body brush five minutes before showering to improve further, long upward sweeping movements towards the heart will kick start lymph and blood flow as well as exfoliate in preparation for cleansing and hydration.
- Massaging a product with shea butter or argan oil into heels, ankles, knees and elbows before showering will reduce dry flaking skin, great tip before a self tan!
- Mixing himalayan crystal salt with an oil body cleanser while showering will exfoliate and hydrate at the same time, leaving the skin silky smooth.
- It is important to stay hydrated as we all know drinking water is a top tip, however eating water will hydrate at a cellular level. include foods high in water like lettuce, melon and cucumber.
- Stick with warm water as the perfect temperature for showering. Hot water can strip the skin of essential oils, dehydrate hair and cause fine broken veins on the skin.
- Giving a 1 minute blast of cold water at the end of your shower routine will tone the skin and has an anti-inflammatory action will also give stimulation to the brain and body!
Is this at home spa experience something that you'd like to try? Will you be trying out the new Dove Nourishing Care & Oil range?
*This post was in collaboration with Dove, all views, opinions and images are my own, as always!