6 Months With You – Dear Ben…

Dear Ben,

I wanted to write something to you, for you, I’m not sure whether to publish this or whether it’s something that shouldn’t be shared publicly, but you know I wear my heart on my sleeve, so, here goes…

Thank you. Thank you for being you, thank you for making me the greatest version of myself. For your continuous support, your unconditional love and affection, there isn’t a day that goes by where I don’t know how much you love me, you show it in every way, so even though you know I adore you, here’s a note to say thank you!

Call me crazy but I knew I loved you before I’d even met you, we met on Tinder but we didn’t meet for a few weeks as you were in Singapore. We spoke on the phone for hours everyday. Every time you messaged me I had butterflies in my stomach; I longed to hear your voice, to receive your text. I felt like I missed you, which was crazy because we’d never even met. What’s even crazier is that I fell head over heels in love with you, with the person you were, you opened up and showed me the real you, and for that, I loved you. I had a feeling that you where about to come along and change everything, in the best way possible, and you did.

My friends told me to be careful, to be cautious, and although I was weary to guard my heart I couldn’t rein in my feelings, I was ready to jump in the deep end with you because I just had this feeling, and I knew it was right. I knew we were right. The second I met you I knew this was it. When you know, you know, right? And I knew. I knew that I loved you, and that you felt the same, and although we didn’t say it to each other for quite some time, the way you looked at me spoke volumes. You made me feel like a princess, and still do everyday.

You are the kindest, most gentle soul that I know, you make me laugh everyday, most times to the point of tears and in you; I’ve found my best friend. A friendship and love that I will cherish forever. When we first met, everyone kept asking me what you were like, and the only way that felt right to describe you was ‘the male version of me’, our humour is so aligned (and on point naturally, ha!), I’ve never felt so comfortable around someone before, in you I knew I’d found my soul mate, lover and best friend.

In the words of the infamous Jerry – ‘you complete me’, and you really, truly do. I mean yeah, I’m sassy and independent and I don’t need no man to make me happy. I have a job that I love and can financially support myself, when we first met I made it quite clear that I wanted nothing from you, I told you (drunkenly one night) how I wanted to be with you because I wanted to, not because I needed you. It’s the most incredible feeling to be independent but oh boy, it’s the best feeling to explore the world with you at my side.

I’m writing this post for you on the plane home from our trip together to Singapore, a magical 9 days that we got to spend together. From waking up with you by my side everyday, to watching Singapore come alive at night from the infinity pool at MBS, to trying all of your favourite foods and re-living your childhood with you. I’m sitting here getting teary, listening to our song from when we first started talking, you’re sitting behind me (and I’m glad because I’m feeling soppy AF and the guy next to me keeps looking at me strangely for crying.. LOL).

I thank my lucky stars everyday that Tinder brought us together, as much as a bloody hate that app, it brought me you, my love and for that I’m so incredibly thankful.

I love you always BC!

*Disclaimer… sorry for the soppy post guys and if you thought it was TMI – I believe it’s so important to tell our loved ones everyday how much we love them. I truly hope that you have someone equally as amazing in your life, in fact I know you do.. it’s YOU! <3

1. Erin (@makeerinover) 8th June 2016 / 1:16 pm

I love this post, and I love how he cares as much about you. He seems to fit with your life so seamlessly. such a good match!

Erin || MakeErinOver

• Hayley 9th June 2016 / 9:37 am

Thank you so much lovely, as always your support means the world! <3 x

2. Julie 8th June 2016 / 3:23 pm

Rubes! This is the cutest and I now have to go reapply my eye make up. 🙂

• Hayley 9th June 2016 / 9:39 am

Hahaha sorry Jules! <3 xx

3. katie 8th June 2016 / 3:27 pm

This is so beautifully written. How magical you both found each other! Yes for posts of PDA <33 Celebrate the love baby! ^_^

Katie // Words By Katie

• Hayley 9th June 2016 / 9:40 am

Ahhhh thank you love, what a nice comment! I”m so glad we did too! <3 x

4. Sonny 8th June 2016 / 5:35 pm

Just Beautiful!

• Hayley 9th June 2016 / 9:40 am

5. Emma 8th June 2016 / 8:06 pm

This is quite possibly to sweetest, nicest and most honest post I have ever read.

It’s brought a smile to my face and brightened up what has been a dreary day!

Emma | HarmonyBlaze.co.uk

• Hayley 9th June 2016 / 9:40 am

Ahh thank you lovely, what a sweet comment to receive! <3 x

• Hayley 13th June 2016 / 10:08 am

Thanks lovely! x

6. Karina 11th June 2016 / 8:36 pm

This is so beautifully written and well said Hayley! I feel like you’ve shared so many of the same thoughts as me and it’s given me all the feels ha I couldn’t agree more to how important it is to make sure that you tell your loved ones how much you care and it’s something I’m really trying to work on as I’m not great with the spoken word but wow has this inspired to get pen to paper and tell my partner just how much he means to me. I also truly believe and relate to you when you said ‘when you know, you know’ because the moment I met my boyfriend (who used to be “just a friend from work”) I never felt the fear of falling for him whenever we were together which makes him so much more special to me! Thank you for a lovely (defo not TMI) post! x

• Hayley 13th June 2016 / 10:08 am

Ah thank you lovely! Haha sorry about that gorge! Definitely, sometimes we just have to take the risk in life, and more often than not it pays off – so glad to hear that you found someone equally as special! <3 x

7. Beth Norton 16th June 2016 / 6:44 pm

Hayley this brought tears to my eyes! I know from when we’ve spoken just how happy and in love you are and I truly don’t know anyone that deserves it more. I’ve now read this 3 times and not once without goosebumps. So beautifully written.

I can’t wait to watch you both grow (and travel together) – I only hope I make bridesmaid one day!

Love you beautiful, so happy for you and so, so proud.

xox

8. Sahale 2nd July 2016 / 9:30 pm

Thank you so much for your personal posts!! I definitely have read them to encourage me to keep going. It lets me know that despite what people go through love for others and compassion for yourself is always possible. You are an amazing person <3 your vulnerability is not off putting because it is genuine and inspires me to continue to be as genuine and open.