Why Freeport Braintree is your one-stop destination for up to 60% off at over 85 stores!
Last week I headed to Freeport Braintree with my best friend for a day of catching up over a spot of lunch and that thing that girls do best... shopping! I've been to Freeport Braintree before around 7 years ago with my first boyfriend, it's around a half hour drive from where I live in Essex so it's super convenient to get to and great for a day out! Since moving to London I got the train from Stratford which was super easy and took just under an hour, Amy drove from home in Essex and met me there.
We met around half 11 and were starving (naturally!), so we downloaded a cheeky voucher for Pizza Express (buy one get one main for £1, rude not too, right?!), and headed straight for some lunch! I hadn't seen her for around three weeks - which feels like I've lost an arm so we had ALL of the things to catch up on over pesto pasta, dough balls and a large glass of vino.. OBV.
Once we'd demolished our lunch and caught up on some all important gossip it was time to hit the shops, my first impressions on the outlet village (this time around and the very first time I went) were that it's so incredibly clean and beautiful to look at. The layout is super easy to navigate and there's lot of maps planted around so you can access your favourite shops quicker!
Come and take a look at Freeport Braintree with me!...
Over 85 stores including:
Kurt Geiger / Lacoste
Phase Eight / Nike
Radley / Barbour
Sunglass Hut / Jaeger
Claire's / Molton Brown
Next / The Body Shop
Hobbs / Wonderbra
M&S / Samsonite
Tommy Hilfiger / GAP
Whittard / adidas
Hollister / The Perfume Shop
Ann Summers / Ted Baker
Cadbury / The North Face
Levi's / Karen Millen
OPEN DAILY FROM 10-6 (5PM ON A SUNDAY / 8PM ON A THURSDAY & 7PM ON A SATURDAY)
WHY YOU SHOULD VISIT FREEPORT BRAINTREE:
- FREE PARKING UP TO 6 HOURS (1,500 SPACES)
- FOOD: PIZZA EXPRESS / STARBUCKS / COSTA / THORNTONS / BURGER KING & MORE!
- PREMIERE INN LOCATED 2 MINUTES AWAY WITH ON-SITE PARKING & FAMILY FRIENDLY ROOMS
- YOU'LL FIND WOMENS, MENS, SPORTS & OUTDOORS, CHILDREN, HOME STORES & BEAUTY SHOPS AT THE OUTLET VILLAGE!
- BEAUTY OUTLET... COMING SOON!
MY PURCHASES OF THE DAY:
Whilst I was at Freeport Braintree I was kindly given a £100 gift guide to pick up some bargains, here's what I bought (watch my vlog of the day to see my purchases!)...
- My favourite purchase of the day was some incredible red stilettos from Kurt Geiger which I purchased for... £19!! Can you believe that? They were dupes of the Manolo Blanhik/Dune heels and were reduced down from £129, super chuffed with these babies, I can't wait to wear them!
- I picked up some gym gear from adidas (SOZ BOUT IT), I bought a really lovely mint green top, £13 reduced from £19 and some high waisted gym leggings for £21 reduced from £30, not huge, huge savings but I really needed some new gym clothes so I thought.. why the hell not?!
- I bought a beautiful pale pink lingerie set from Ann Summers, the bra clasps in the middle and has incredible strap detailing at the back! The bra cost me a mere £9 and the matching briefs were £7, an amazing set of underwear for a mere £16.. KEEN!
- A slightly duller purchase but I picked up some super warm gloves from Mountain Warehouse for mine & Ben's trip to Iceland, they had been reduced to £19.99 and were also buy one get one free so I got us both a pair for less than £20.. winning!
- Lastly, to satisfy mine and Amy's chocolate craving we paid a visit to the cadbury store and picked up a giant mini egg.. full of mini eggs - YEAHHHHHHHH!
We downloaded a Pizza Express voucher online and filled up on pasta & vino to fuel our shop (well, that was the excuse anyway!)
I absolutely loved our girls day trip to Freeport Braintree, we were super lucky as we had a really sunny day and the weather was beautiful! We ended up shopping for about 4/5 hours before grabbing a hot chocolate to accompany us on our journey home. I jumped on the train back to Stratford and headed home to Angel, the trains to London were running about every half hour so there was really good connections!
My favourite shops where I found the best bargains had to be; Kurt Geiger, Ann Summers, Jaeger, Karen Millen, Nike, Ted Baker, Next and adidas - so if you're a fan of the above I'd definitely recommend a trip (well, I'd recommend a trip anyways!). It's a great place to visit if you want to spend the day browsing around the shops on the hunt for some bargains, there are plenty of places to grab a coffee and cake to fuel your shop too!
Also, if you come out of Freeport there is a food complex straight opposite which includes a TGI Fridays, Nandos and Prezzo if you're looking for something heartier, there was also a cinema too so you can really make a day of it! As I previously mentioned there is a Premiere Inn literally 2 minutes from the entrance so if you're travelling down from a far you can always stay over and make an evening of your trip!
I have to admit that Freeport Braintree was just as amazing as the first time I visited and I'm so glad I got the chance to go back and share it with you all! I also logged the day with my bestie (you can see my purchases IRL too) so make sure you check it out below!
ENJOY 60% OFF OVER 85 STORES EVERYDAY OF THE WEEK... UMMM YES PLEASE!
Have you ever been to Freeport Braintree before? If so, what did you think? Would you consider heading to Freeport Braintree for a days shopping?
*This post was in collaboration with Freeport Braintree but all opinions, photos and purchase choices are my own (even the mini eggs, SOZ!).