Sometimes Things Have To Go Wrong In Order To Go Right

This year has been one of the most surreal years of my life.

Back in June I split with my partner of six years – it was a horrible situation and my whole world completely turned upside down. I felt like I was grieving for someone, and I was – someone that would no longer be a part of my life after such a long time together.

But during this time there were two things I constantly reminded myself…

1.) Everything happens for a reason, which I truly, truly believe it does. We just weren’t as right for each other as we both once thought, and that’s just life.

2.) And that, sometimes things have to go wrong in order to go right.

And oh, how right they’ve been! The last six months my life made a complete U-turn and took me out of comfort zones I never knew possible.

Rewind to earlier this year and I was in a steady, comfortable relationship, I loved my job and ran my blog alongside it as a hobby. I was really content and time was flying by. I never really pushed myself as I was happy with what I had.

After everything that happened I decided that it’s now or never. Now is the time to shine and to pave my career, ensuring that every second of it is actually as I’d hoped for it to be. The last six months I’ve achieved more than I’d ever hoped, and each day presents itself with a new opportunity that reminds me that this is exactly where I’m meant to be right now.

I handed in my notice for my job.

I went travelling for a month with my best friend.

I went on the first date in six years (bloody terrifying I tell ya!).

Started blogging full time.

Been to four different countries.

I went back to my college to give a talk on blogging to some degree students.

Been on two press trips and made some amazing friends along the way.

I’ve booked another solo trip for next month and I’ll be driving abroad for the first time!

Sometimes, I think we surprise ourselves which how far we can push ourselves and how much we can really achieve if we really put our mind to it. I’m so proud that I managed to turn my hobby in a career and I’m loving every minute of it.

It’s opening doors for me that I never in a million years thought possible and it’s really opened my eyes to the fact that maybe this stage in my life was meant to be about me. About my career and my progression. About discovering my self worth and what I’m capable of achieving. About travelling the world and making life long friends.

Just maybe, sometimes things have to go wrong in order to go right! <3

1. Caro Ro 29th November 2015 / 7:27 pm

You are so right. I sometimes feel like I am in such a rut, that I can't get out of there. And then on the other hand there is nothing stopping me from just doing things I wanna do. It is just me thats in my way. And there is just this one life 🙂

Caroline

2. Erin Russell 29th November 2015 / 8:15 pm

I cried when I read your first post after what had happened. It is so easy just to feel so lost, trying to pick up all the pieces, wishing you could go back. I told you then sometimes things have to go wrong for it to go right, and I'm so glad it has. Im so glad you managed to find the positive and run with it, and I love how you have shared your journey along the way 🙂

3. Isabelle Kate 29th November 2015 / 9:48 pm

This really is so inspiring sweetie. I strongly believe that everything happens for a reason and that – excuse the cringe – what doesn't kill you really does make you stronger. You sound like you've picked yourself up and had a wonderful 6 months of exploration and self discovery, I would love to travel like you have and hopefully be able to educate people on blogging and social media in the future too! So glad you wrote this post to truly prove that everything does get better!
    ________

4. S, x 29th November 2015 / 9:53 pm

I love this post! I find your atttude to life totally inspiring – good for you girl 🙂

Sophie Cliff

5. Lacey Clements 30th November 2015 / 1:16 am

Hi Hayley, my friend recommended your blog and I'm glad I read it…that's awesome how well you have done!! I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and pleased it's all going well for you…
    If you get a mo have a little peek on my blog thelittlepotofthoughts.wordpress.com
    I am a photographer and have not long started the blogging scene, would love some tips of you had the time xx

6. Josie 30th November 2015 / 10:58 pm

Hayley I'm so happy for you! I remember reading your heartbreaking post all those months ago, if your past self could have read this. You go girl (so not cool enough to say that haha) x

Josie | Sick Chick Chic

7. Chloe Mary Davis 1st December 2015 / 2:50 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your split – I'm coming up to 5 years with my partner and could only imagine the grief I would feel if we broke up. You've managed to turn such a hard time in your life into such a positive and that's amazing. You should be so proud of yourself and what you've managed to achieve in such a short time. Such an inspiration!

Chloe Mary Davis | http://www.lovefromlucky.com

8. Bethany Georgina 1st December 2015 / 9:18 pm

Ah so glad everything's worked out well for you, Hayley! Such a positive, uplifting post. We really can do so much more than we think we can 🙂

Beth x
    Bethany Georgina

9. Frey de Fleur 10th December 2015 / 11:06 am

Everything happens for a reason is such a good mantra to live by as it makes things so much easier to let go of things and get closure. Lovely post as always Hayely x

10. Lisa 3rd June 2016 / 12:41 am

I LOVE that saying, it’s often difficult to believe it when are we going through time times, but once we have more time and clarity, it all comes together!

SO happy for you and the risks you’ve taken! I’m always curious how bloggers are able to go from part time to full time. Any insights? Or do you have a post on this?

Lisa