#TipsTuesday: How To Set Yourself Achievable Goals & My 5 Goals For September

First things first, HOW is it September already? Summer was over in a blink of an eye and autumn is practically upon us, on the plus side September is my birthday month and there’s also fashion week so lots of fun to be had and planning to do. Fresh from Thailand and Reading festival this weekend there is so much to catch up on blog wise, I need to get my butt in gear with replying to emails and organising my life in general.

This month is going to be another busy one so I thought I’d set myself some goals and do a post on how I plan to achieve them, I’m a huge fan of making lists (it’s a Virgo thing apparently!) and it’s always a great feeling to get things ticked off and set yourself new goals! I wanted to put together a few pointers on how to set yourself goals and achieve them…

Be realistic, but don’t undersell yourself: When planning goals always set something that will enable you to push yourself, but at the same time make sure that it’s a realistic goal that you can achieve. I.e always think about can you achieve X goal in Y amount of time? Or is your goal going to set you back £XX that you need to save up for before you can do it? Why not plan yourself 5 goals for this month but 20 that you’d like to achieve before 2015 is over – that way you can work out how best to achieve them in the timeframe you’ve set yourself.

Keep your goals visible: I recently created a vision board that I have on display in my office so everyday when I wake up I look at and can start my day with a purpose, it’s great to be reminded of what you’re working so hard to achieve. If you’re not a creative person and don’t want to create a vision board then why not buy yourself a blackboard and note down your top 5 goal and hang it on your wall so you can see it every morning and start your day being inspired by your dreams.

Always strive for more: If you found your goals a little too easy to achieve this month why not push the bar next month and add one or two that are out of your comfort zone – remember… “In any given moment we have two options; to step forward into growth or to step back into safety.”

Here’s a look at my personal goals for September:

1.) To book a solo trip which I’ll go on before the end of the year (thinking Barcelona, thoughts?)

2.) Print my business cards and start up my freelance business (eeep!)

3.) To work with at least five brands on my blog that I’ve never worked with before

4.) Dye my hair an exciting shade (setting some plans in motion as we speak and I can’t wait to show you all!)

5.) Go to a gig / or book one to go to before the end of the year

“Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you’ll land amongst the stars”

What are your goals for this month? I’d love to hear what you’re aiming for!

1. Jess | Just Jesss 1st September 2015 / 12:43 pm

I love the idea of a vision board, would you consider sharing yours?
    September is my birthday month too! I've already achieved one of my goals which was arranging to go to the Harry Potter Studios Tour with my mum & brother – we're off on Thursday! 😀 I'm hoping to organise my paperwork & catch up with friends a bit more, too.
    Good luck with your goals, and have a lovely birthday!

Jess xo

2. Abigail Alice 1st September 2015 / 3:44 pm

Great goals! my goals for the month are 1) to move to LA without crying/getting lost and b) achieve 450 bloglovin followers! I think Barcelona would be perfect for a solo trip although I haven't visited I've heard amazing things about it <3

3. Lauren S 1st September 2015 / 6:49 pm

These are amazing goals Hayley, especially the brand ones! I'd love to win the award I'm shortlisted for and get to work with more brands from it, I'd also like to finally move so I can get to the events I'm having to turn down all the time 🙁

Lauren x
    Britton Loves | Lifestyle Food Beauty

4. Natasha Chan 2nd September 2015 / 7:32 pm

Great tips! I love reading what other people's goals are and always hope they achieve them! My goals are to relax and enjoy myself while I'm in Sardinia next week. Then when I'm back I want to keep blogging more frequently. Good luck with yours!

The Night is Wild

5. Vanessa Du 3rd September 2015 / 9:50 am

It is really important to make the goals visible. If we don't see it we'll just forget it.

Vanessa│Meili Journey

6. Heather McKnight 3rd September 2015 / 10:12 am

Loved this post, I definitely think it's important to set realistic and achievable goals, otherwise you're instantly setting yourself up for disappointment! I'm so excited to see your goals progress and I can not wait to see where this space goes next!

Heather, Porcelain Beauty xx

7. Laura McFadden 3rd September 2015 / 7:38 pm

Love your goals! I'm a huge fan of making lists for everything but I've never thought about doing a vision board before. Also I have to ask, where did you get that planner in the title pic? I'm stationary lusting after it!

Laura | WhatSheWroteBlog x

8. Frey de Fleur 16th September 2015 / 2:37 pm

Love this post. I would love to see your vision moodboard too. You're such an inspiring person Hayley so I really enjoy your personal growth posts. Looking forward to catching up soon! You're like my blogging big sister haha xx

9. Shannon Black 23rd September 2015 / 4:42 pm

Absolutely love this post! I always try to set small goals and achieve them! Makes me feel like I'm getting so much further towards my ultimate goal! But I really need to know where you got your planner/diary from!!