Over bank holiday weekend, I’ll be heading to Richfield Avenue – the home of Reading festival and I can’t wait! I went to Reading for the first time last year with a bunch of friends and instantly fell in love with the festival – I knew this year I’d be returning and couldn’t wait for the pre tickets to go on sale. The line up looks incredible; from The Libertines (who I saw live in Amsterdam and they were amazing!) to Mumford and Sons, Royal Blood, Twin Atlantic, Panic! At The Disco, The Wombats and so many more (just a handful of my favourites!).
I thought I’d put together a post on my camping essentials as I’m pretty much a novice when it comes to camping, I usually have to buy a pop up tent as I’m just useless with the whole outdoors-y thing (girly girl through and through me!). I’ll be home from Malaysia for two days before Reading so it will be a case of washing everything in my backpack, a quick whizz around Superdrug for some toiletries, a quick whizz around Morrisons for some cheap alcohol, re-packing my case then heading off for what is set to be one of the best weekends of this summer, eeeeeep!
If your a festival newbie, or even wondering what to pack – here’s a list of my must haves:
- Deodorant – OBV
- Hand sanitiser and wipes – an absolute given as the toilets, ewwww!
- A mini hairbrush – get those ones that doubles up as a mirror, saves space and super handy too!
- Hairbands/grips – because when you’ve been dancing for three days straight you’ll need those.
- Which leads me to the next essential – dry shampoo, a must!
- Mini shampoo/conditioner – if you’re braving to wash your hair
- Toothpaste, toothbrush, mouthwash & chewing gum/mints
- Sun lotion – here’s for wishful thinking!
- And also a rain mac – because well, this is England!
- A hat – in case you’re sunburnt AF and don’t want to sit in a field getting burnt all day again.
- Wellies – in case it rains
- Perfume – my current go-to is the Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess, SO good!
- A watch – so you don’t miss any of your favourite acts when your phones dies, because OBV it will!
- A (fully charged) portable charger if your’e that sassy/dedicated to social media
- Ear plugs – because drunk 15 year olds don’t understand that repeatedly shouting ALAN at 5am is NOT okay
- An eye mask – for some extra winks
- Alcohol – duhhhhh! But make sure you don’t take any glass in with you so prepare and pour it into plastic bottles before you head off
- Facial spray – in case the weather does surprise you/after too much dancing, these bottles of magic are great to cool down
- Moisturiser – because sleeping in a tent for 3/4 nights has never done any wonders for our skin
- Eye cream – especially for the third day when you have a little more eye baggage to cover up!
If you’re looking to go to Reading festival you can still purchase tickets here – if you’re going let me know so we can grab a beer/picture together! I hope this post has helped with what to pack too!
What are your festival essentials? Will you be at Reading this year?