#TipsTuesdays: How To Say YES To New Adventures

So, usually I put together a Tips Tuesday post on some blog tips and advice but today I thought I’d turn my hand to something a little different. I wanted to to offer some advice on why you should say yes to new adventures and how liberating and life changing they can be. As many of you know I handed in my notice at work and am currently travelling Thailand and Malaysia for a month before starting my full time blogging and freelance venture when I’m back in the UK – eek! It’s so exciting and nerve wracking at the same time, not knowing what my future will hold is scary but then I guess no-one knows and some things that seem certain in our lives don’t always turn out to be a permanent fixture.
Say ‘yes’ to something out of your comfort zone: This is always scary to do and I’m not saying it has to be something drastic as something that might seem a big deal to others might not be to you, but do something that you wouldn’t normally say yes to, whether it’s leaving a job you’re unhappy in to start a new career, saying yes to a date or booking a trip of a lifetime – do something that makes you scared as incredible things happen outside of your comfort zone.
Travel alone: I booked a solo trip to Paris last September for three days and loved it! Everyone thought I was having a quarter life crisis but it was just something that I really wanted to do, I wanted to prove to myself that I could get on a train to a foreign county and find my way around and actually enjoy myself, I had the best time and can’t wait to travel along again this year. To some people solo travelling ins’t a big deal but to me it was something that I was proud of accomplishing.
The world really is your oyster: This is actually the third time that I’ve visited Thailand but somewhere that I utterly adore and am genuinely considering moving to one day, even for a few months as I feel so at home here. But I’m also in the process of making some exciting plans for the rest of this year and next, it’s such a liberating feeling once you realise that the world is your oyster to do what you want, when you want – go places you’ve never seen and explore until your heart is full and your feet are weary.
Know your worth: Know that you are worth more than some people value you, if someone or something in your life is making you unhappy – remove it. I’ve realised that you don’t need negative people or energy in your life as it will hold you back, surround yourself with positive people, know your worth and do what you love – and mostly, remember to say YES to new adventures!

What will you be saying yes to this year? Share your adventures with me!

• Hayley Rubery 25th August 2015 / 7:07 am

Ah thanks lady – it was the best trip ever, sad to be heading home but lots of exciting adventures ahead! xx

1. Kelsey Thrush 4th August 2015 / 3:03 pm

Loved this article! And of course the photo 🙂 I totally understand what you mean by traveling alone! I love it and sometimes it's exactly what I need. xo

Kelsey | http://www.abalancingpeach.com

• Hayley Rubery 25th August 2015 / 7:08 am

Ah thanks lovely – so glad to hear you enjoyed reading it 🙂 Completely agree, I can't wait to travel alone again! x

2. Lauren S 4th August 2015 / 5:56 pm

Know your worth is definitely a big thing for me, and it's amazing to hear you're planning some great stuff for the future! Hopefully I'll be moved soon so I can start networking more in London and growing my blog further 🙂

Lauren x
    Britton Loves | Lifestyle Food Beauty

• Hayley Rubery 25th August 2015 / 7:08 am

Same here love – so important! Ah amazing, let me know when you're in London and we can grab a coffee! 🙂 x

• Hayley Rubery 25th August 2015 / 7:09 am

Definitely lovely – there's so many beautiful places to discover in England too! x

3. Claudia Grace 4th August 2015 / 8:25 pm

Loved your posts as always! After 4 years in London, like you, I resigned from my job and moved back to Italy for the holidays. I am going to NY end of the month, where I have never been, and after that…who knows? Maybe Berlin, or Amsterdam, time will tell…But there was something immensely liberating in doing what I really felt rather than what I always planned my life to be! xx

• Hayley Rubery 25th August 2015 / 7:10 am

Thanks lovely. That's so amazing to hear – it's a dream of mine to head to NY for a few months and work and to also live in Amsterdam, wishing you all the luck in the world lovely, go make some incredible memories! xx

• Hayley Rubery 25th August 2015 / 7:10 am

Thanks love! It was a great solo destination for a short break I have to say, definitely worth doing! x

4. aprileveryday 5th August 2015 / 6:47 am

I love this post! It is so inspiring to read about your solo trip to Paris – I've always wanted to go on a trip by myself, mainly for the same reason as you – so that I can prove to myself that I can do it! I have a couple times wanted to go on holiday somewhere, and noone wanted to come with me, so then I freaked out at the thought of going by myself, but I just need to suck it up and go, because I'll be so proud of myself after doing it!

I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for you! I'm so excited for you! 🙂

xo April
    April | April Everyday

• Hayley Rubery 25th August 2015 / 7:11 am

Thank you lovely, glad you enjoyed reading! Yes I really think you should, I just booked it before I could talk myself out of it and loved it so, so much. You will too, it's a great place to go alone for a few days – good luck! <3 xx

• Hayley Rubery 25th August 2015 / 7:11 am

Thanks lovely! Glad to hear this post was inspirational for you – hoping you follow through with your dreams! x