#TIPSTUESDAY: 8 MUST HAVE APPS FOR BLOGGERS

Us bloggers tend to rely heavily on apps and the latest sites, whether it’s for inspiration, editing snaps or promoting our blogs – I thought I’d share my top 8 apps that I couldn’t blog without! I’d love to know what apps you use to help stay organised when blogging on the go, please share any below!
Pinterest: Last month I did a post on the 10 things you need to know about Pinterest after I went to a really interesting workshop at their HQ. I’m a huge, huge fan of Pinterest and loving pinning on the go – usually on my way to and from work. It’s a great way to note inspiration and ideas, pin anything that inspires you to your boards then look back over your boards if you’re lacking on ideas.

Buffer: I always use Buffer to schedule in my Tweets (you can also use it for Facebook too), it’s free if you’d like to schedule up to 10 tweets a day. I upgraded my account for around £6 a month so I can schedule further in advance – it’s always handy when going on holiday etc as I don’t have to worry about promoting my posts and struggling to find wi-fi.

Afterlight: I’ve spoken about my love for Afterlight before but this is definitely my go-to app for editing my Instagram images. It’s great for adjusting contrast, brightness and clarifying images – you can also add borders or overlay text. A really great app for editing pictures!

Read it later: This app is super handy – when reading daily news sites, your favourite blogs or magazines you can save articles to your ‘read it later’ and then once your articles are saved down you can read them offline. A great app if you know you won’t have wi-fi i.e on a long haul flight as you can catch up on some reading through the app without being connected to the internet.

Evernote: I use Evernote to write notes, collect images and create checklists of what I need to do, it’s a great one for on the go to help keep you organised! The app also recommends you can take snaps of business cards too so it’s like a giant folder of all ‘blog related’ things that you need to do.

Bloglovin’: I adore Bloglovin’ and check my feed every morning and evening for new blog posts, I have the app on my phone and always tend to check any news posts during the day. It’s a great one to have for keeping up to date with your latest blog reading!

Instagram: A bit of a no-brainer/obvious one I know (I genuinely don’t know a single blogger who doesn’t have Instagram) but I had to put this one down as I love it so much! I usually upload 2/3 images a day and always have accounts that I love to check daily for inspiration and amazing snaps!

Reward style: If you’re signed to Reward Style then it’s always really handy to have the app as you can check your daily earnings, as well as link the items you’re wearing to your Instagram via liketoknow.it! Reward Style is an app that I need to make more use of but one I love no less!
What apps do you swear by as a blogger? Anything I need to download?

1. Heather McKnight 7th July 2015 / 3:30 pm

I've been using Wunderlist for a while now but I definitely think I'll have to download Evernote. I've noticed it pop up on a few different blogs recently and it sounds perfect for what I need!

Heather, PorcelainBeauty

2. runningalyssa 7th July 2015 / 4:42 pm

One of my favorite apps is Dropbox. I'm constantly taking photos on the go and forgetting to upload them to my computer. With Dropbox they are automatically uploaded on my computer so I never have to worry about forgetting to upload them to my computer.

Running Alyssa

3. Emily Trinh 7th July 2015 / 11:15 pm

Evernote is so handy, especially because you can sync between different devices. I really like using Snapseed to edit my photos because you can choose specific areas in the photo to adjust the brightness, contrast, saturation, etc, as opposed to modifying the entire image at once.

Emily | Always Emily

4. Kathy d. Clark 8th July 2015 / 1:02 am

Great round up! I've been using TweetDeck for scheduling tweets, but need to start using Buffer. It seems more on-the-go friendly. I use Afterlight a good amount, but I tend to have dozens of photo editing apps loaded on my phone at a time. I love experimenting with new ones! Afterlight is one of my go-to photo apps for sure though.
    xo,
    Kathy
    laceandwhimsy.com

5. Jasmine Stewart 8th July 2015 / 7:22 pm

I love using the Bloglovin app to save the posts I want to read throughout the day to have a proper look and comment on later 🙂 Buffer is also a can't-live-without app. I've heard a lot of people recommend Afterlight, I need to download it xx

Jasmine Talks Beauty

6. Jackie 9th July 2015 / 11:11 am

All this seem like great apps and I think I need the read it later app to save my data for when I really need it.

Jackie | fashionxfairytale |

7. PinkChickClaire 10th July 2015 / 11:46 am

Such cool apps – thanks for the tips! I'm definitely going to check as many out as I can xx

8. Jasmine Harding 10th July 2015 / 12:23 pm

I am totally obsessed with Pinterest! It's so good for inspiration/setting up different boards etc! I'm going to download Read It Later, sounds like a life saver!

Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.com

9. Erin Russell 11th July 2015 / 12:07 pm

Instagram, Snapchat and Bloglovin for me, I really need to look into a good photo editior. My blog photos suck purely because 9/10 times its an iphone pic with bad lighting. Hoping to improve. Thanks for the tips!

10. Gareth From StyleHoney.com 12th July 2015 / 3:45 pm

Nice. Thanks for this. Think I use most of these, but definitely a few new ones in here. Have you ever used Pocket? Sounds like Read it later I think. Just wondered if you thought Read it later was better? x