5 WAYS TO KICK START YOUR MONDAY MORNING

Ewwwwww Monday, is that what you thought this morning when you got out of bed? Or are you one of those get up and go, new week new start kinda gals? I always feel slightly sad when Monday rolls around as I can’t believe another weekend has flown by quite so quickly, but on the other hand I have a mentality of it’s a new week to start a fresh and work harder than the last! I know many people aren’t ‘morning people’ and Monday’s always seem to be the most painful! I’m trying to tackle each Monday with a positive energy so I thought I’d share my top 5 ways on how to do so!…
1.) Kick start your day with some energy: Over the past week or two I’ve been trialling the new Vita Coco Cafe drinks which are a refreshing and healthier alternative to Coffee in the mornings! I’ve always been a big fan of the original Vita Coco Coconut Water so I knew I would love the Cafe version, which still contains 100% natural coconut water just with a shot of espresso so it’s a great energy booster for early mornings! I always have one in my handbag to drink on the train so I can feel more revitalised by the time I get to work. They are also running a great social campaign for their new Vita Coco Cafe drinks, upload your snap of your drink using the hashtag #lessbrewingmoredoing to get involved!

2.) Wake your face up: In the mornings I reallllly struggle with the puffy eyes/under eye bags so I’m forever on the lookout for new beauty products to help reduce this and soothe my tired eyes. My favourite trick is to leave any moisturizers and eye creams in my fridge, put some on cotton wool pads and leave it on my eyes for a couple of minutes each morning to wake me up and it always helps!

3.) Go for an early morning workout: Whether you’re a morning person or not, getting up (or dragging yourself out of bed – mostly in my case!) you will always feel better once you’ve worked out as you’re body is much more energised and ready for the day ahead. Whether you prefer high intensity training to get your blood pumping or a morning session of Pilates, you will always feel energised and you will thank yourself for it after! I’ve booked myself in for a class of Body Attack at Virgin Active at 8am tomorrow, which I think I may regret when I hear my alarm go off but I know I’ll feel better after!

4.) Make a to-do list: Every morning whether I’m on the train to work or working from my desk at home, the first thing I do every day is make a to-do list. Make yourself a nice cup of tea and sit down and work out what you want to achieve from your day, when you start to get things ticked off you’ll feel much better about it and know that you’re using your time productively! I picked up a really cute diary from TK Maxx the other day (in the picture above) – I always find lovely stationary keeps me organised and motivation as I’m always so eager to fill it with fresh new ideas and plans!

5.) Listen to something inspiring or that will make you smile: Listen to an engaging podcast, an inspirational talk or relaxing/meditation music on your journey to work to leave you feeling more engaged and ready for your day. To get my ‘good vibes’ flowing I always listen to music that reminds me of a fun, happy time in my life, I often find myself listening to some old school R’n’B on the way to work as it reminds me of my younger days with friends, I also create lots of playlists on Spotify to suit which mood I’m in – I have one full of songs which remind me of Rob too so that’s always nice to kick start my Monday mornings!

How do you kick start your Monday morning?

*This post was in collaboration with Vita Coco

1. Sara 27th April 2015 / 8:09 am

Oh I love coconut water, I should definitely try and drink that more in the morning. Maybe that café version with a workout? Sounds great haha xx
    eastofsiam.blogspot.com

• Hayley Rubery 8th May 2015 / 9:09 pm

Me too Sara – it's so refreshing and yummy! Yes great idea! 🙂 x

2. daisy walters 27th April 2015 / 9:24 am

I'm not a Monday morning HATER but today I went back to work after a week off spending time with my boyfriend so today was a huge killer. I need to take some more tips though!
    x x | daisydaisyxxo

• Hayley Rubery 8th May 2015 / 9:10 pm

Gosh I hate that, any time you go back to work after a holiday or break is always a killer! Hope it wasn't too painful! <3 x

3. Camilla 27th April 2015 / 10:08 am

omg, I NEED to try out those Vita Coco Cafes!! Coconutwater and coffee in one can be nothing but amazing!! 😀

4. runningalyssa 27th April 2015 / 10:53 am

Honestly I don't do anything. I just sort of mope around and annoy everyone until I wake up all the way. I used to run in the morning as soon as I got up, but then I started sleeping in earlier. I really should start running in the morning again.

Running Alyssa

• Hayley Rubery 8th May 2015 / 9:10 pm

Haha me too, I'm not a morning person at all although I'm really trying harder to not be a grumpy/tired! x

5. Beth Lodge 27th April 2015 / 1:11 pm

I feel exactly the same on Mondays – knowing there's 5 days ahead is just the worst! I wish I could find it in me to do an early morning workout as I know I'd feel so much better after it. That vita coco cafe looks delish – must try. Great post 🙂

Beth x

Bethany Georgina

• Hayley Rubery 8th May 2015 / 9:11 pm

Same here, I need to start doing a 6am workout as I know I'll feel so much more awake after! It's lovely, make sure you try it! 🙂 x

6. Zoe Newlove 27th April 2015 / 1:23 pm

Oooo I need to try that Vita Coco cafe drink 🙂 I have been getting up to work out before work and oh my god it has been killing me, but I do feel better for it. Looking forward to seeing you on Thursday!!

Zoe Newlove Beauty Blogger & MUA

• Hayley Rubery 8th May 2015 / 9:12 pm

Make sure you do love, it's great for mornings and super refreshing! God I need to get my butt in gear and do some workouts before work! x

7. The Dame International 27th April 2015 / 2:21 pm

For me, making a list of must do's and want to do's for the week ahead is a great kickstarter over breakfast, then I head to the gym, I can't stomach a work out first thing!

• Hayley Rubery 8th May 2015 / 9:12 pm

Me too, I find it really helps me to plan my day if I know exactly what I need to get done! x

• Hayley Rubery 8th May 2015 / 9:13 pm

Definitely try a few suggestions lovely and hopefully they help! 🙂 It really is great for waking up tired eyes! x

8. Charlotte Davies 27th April 2015 / 4:54 pm

I've been travelling for three months, not working and I still hate Mondays! Something about them that just depresses me! I really like what you said about making a to do list though, I'm going to try it when I get back to work. Thanks for this helpful post 🙂

bagstobeaches.blogspot.com

• Hayley Rubery 8th May 2015 / 9:14 pm

Ah that sounds amazing – hope you're having the best time! Still no escaping that Monday dread though is there? haha. Definitely try it, I find it helps to keep me organised and motivated 🙂 No problems, thank you for your lovely comment! x

• Hayley Rubery 8th May 2015 / 9:14 pm

I need to start doing this before work, it's such a daunting feeling but I know I'll feel loads better after! x