* To visit NYC – sitting here writing this post I had to laugh as out of everything I could of written down for my new years resolution the first thing that popped into my head was ‘I have to visit NY this year’ – clearly I have my priorities sorted ha. In all seriously I do really hope to return to my favourite city this year, I’ve been twice already but have never quite discovered it how I wanted to so this year I’ll be doing it on my terms.
* Read more > learn more – I got some new books for Christmas and it’s really spurred me on to read more, I mean I have my kindle which I read everyday on my way to work but I want to read books to learn. I’ve purchased some great beauty and photography books so I’ll be getting stuck into those soon.
* Attend at least two festivals – I’m a sucker for a festival and last year I only attended two day festivals – don’t get me wrong they were amazing but nothing beats camping at a festival so this year that’s what I’ll be doing. Now just to decide on which ones to go to (any recommendations please let me know!).
* To start a Youtube channel (finally!) – I’ve been wanting to start a channel for quite some time now but have never found the time to do it. My internship finishes at the end of January so I’m going to take a little break out and focus on getting my channel up and running.
* Spend more time blogging – I love blogging and always find myself being inspired by other bloggers, sometimes it’s hard to juggle working full time and blogging as I don’t get home until late and I hate it when it feels like a ‘chore’ to blog so this year I’m going to consciously make more time to blog.
* Learn to step back and take a break! -> spend more time with loved ones – This is quite a big one for me, sometimes I cant help but say yes to every event, dinner date and person going and I feel myself burning out trying to cram everything in (as well as always double booking myself). This year I’m going to focus on seeing people who I really care about and stepping back from anything less important. Also it’s just so nice to have a break sometimes and recharge your batteries.
* Discover two new cities – I love travelling and discovering new places, me and Rob have been to Berlin, Dublin and Amsterdam in the last few years amongst loads of other great places. I always like to visit somewhere new as there are so many places to explore so on this years list are Edinburgh and Barcelona. We love getting away for a few days so if there’s anywhere you think we should visit please let me know as I’d love to hear your recommendations!
* Change my diet and lifestyle – Now, we are all guilty of it… every year committing to a diet that we can’t quite stick to or a gym phase that lasts for a few months. This year I will be loosing weight but I’m going to alter my diet and change my lifestyle and eating habits rather than just going on a crash diet that won’t actually last. I want to continuously eat healthily throughout the year and exercise regularly but i’ll still treat myself to a drink or a cheeky chocolate bar when I feel like it because it’s all about balance.
* Find my feet with my career – After graduating I felt like I’d been dumped in the middle of the ‘real world’ and there was no-one there to guide me or tell me what to do – anyone who has graduated I’m sure would have felt the same, it’s the strangest feeling. I just didn’t know what I wanted to do with my life or what people expected of me. First of all I worked over summer waitressing to gain some money back as I think I graduated with about £10 in my bank (oops!). I then went onto intern at beauty PR company Chalk PR then onto River Island – both of which I have absolutely loved and learned so much from it’s unreal. Now though, I’m thinking of going freelance/part time for a while, trying to focus on my blog a bit more as well as getting back into illustrating and re-discovering my true passions. I feel now is the time to do it whilst I’m living at home and don’t have huge commitments such as rent, I’ll still be working and hope to work 3 days a week, but I’m going to play it by ear and see what happens!
* Watch more live music – I love going to gigs and watching live music although sometimes time flies by and I don’t end up doing enough of what I love. Me and Rob usually buy each other gig tickets for Christmas so this year I bought him tickets to see Scroobius Pip & Dan Le Sac – most people won’t have heard of them but Rob introduced me to the duo and we’ve seen them several times and they are awesome. In return Rob bought me tickets to see Ellie Goulding which I was so so excited about as I have a major girl crush on her.. oh and her voice is amazing!
* For my blog to feature in a magazine & to reach a milestone – I know this one is a bit of a long shot but I would absolutely love for my blog to be featured in a magazine this year, so many of my favourites bloggers have been featured in magazines and it would be a dream come true. I would also love to reach a milestone on my blog this year, I’m gunning for 10K followers on Instagram – SO optimistic I know but I’m about a quarter of the way there and besides a girl can dream right?!
* Read more blogs – I am always so inspired by other blog – especially street style (although I’m not entirely sure it does my bank balance any good by reading them, oops!). I’ve been reading so many more beauty blogs and following lots on Youtube which has influenced me to write about more beauty topics on my blog. Reading blogs in my spare time is one of my favourite things to do and I love discovering new ones – please leave any links below and I’ll be sure to check them out!
I have a few other personal new year resolutions that I’m working on this year but I’ve shared all my key ones with you guys. Please feel free to give me a kick up the bum if you see me slacking at any point in the year! – Also I’d love to hear what your resolutions are this year so if you’ve been blogging them then leave a link below and I’ll head over for a read (love to read peoples goals and wishes for the year!)